• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unbelievable FB Recruit (not Wake related)

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Robert Nkemdiche, class of 2013 is a 6'5, 270 pound DE from Georgia. Robert benches 350, squats 500+, and runs a 4.5. Last season he had 18 sacks and 17 rushing touchdowns.

"In the Rams' 24-0 victory over Walton High School in the state championship game in the Georgia Dome, Nkemdiche ran for 85 yards and one touchdown. On one play on defense, he lifted a blocker with his right arm and tore the jersey off running back Tyren Jones -- another highly regarded prospect -- with his left."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7535392/colleges-already-line-2013-top-football-prospect

Good luck with that. Richt has done a good job keeping the best local GA talent the past few years.

I'm not a Bama fan, I'm actually a big UGA fan, but his high school coach played football at Bama and Nkemdiche lives with his coach. Most UGA recruiting insiders say that they'll be shocked if he winds up anywhere but Bama.

Seems like Florida State and Miami get uber recruits like this every year, yet we still compete and beat them regularly. Makes me truly wonder what Grobe could do with kids like this.

Good luck with that. Richt has done a good job keeping the best local GA talent the past few years.

Richt can't seal the borders when it comes to Saban cherry picking who he wants. He's getting the best player in the nation as well as the 2nd best player (LB) in GA for 2013.

Richt can't seal the borders when it comes to Saban cherry picking who he wants. He's getting the best player in the nation as well as the 2nd best player (LB) in GA for 2013.

Like he cherry picked:

Josh Harvey-Clemons
Jordan Jenkins
Isaiah Crowell
Ray Drew
Malcom Mitchell
Alec Ogletree
Braden Smith

Last edited:
The top 2 guys in the country next year (according to 247) both just happen to be from Georgia. You have to wonder if they both land at Alabama if that might just be the final nail in Richt's coffin.

According to rivals Bama just signed five 4-star recruits from the state of Georgia. I'm sure Richt wanted nothing to do with those guys.

According to rivals Bama just signed five 4-star recruits from the state of Georgia. I'm sure Richt wanted nothing to do with those guys.

Never said Saban couldn't get guys from Georgia. Just saying Saban can't come in and just pick who he wanted. Heck, GA has enough talent that makes it virtually impossible for one school to take all of the top recruits.

On another note, GT does an awful job of keeping in state talent. In fact, ESPN just rated them the 2nd worst in the country at keeping in state talent.

Richt keeps them in state because he has Rodney Garner on his staff. Garner is the reason UT took whoever they wanted out of that state in the 90's. When Richt fired the DC a couple of years back Garner is the only guy he kept on that side of the ball because every school in the SEC was licking their chops for a chance at that guy.

Speaking of LSU: did anyone hear what Les Miles said about Gunner Kiel at some Corndog function?

"There was a gentleman from Indiana that thought about coming to the Bayou state," He did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program, so you know..."

What a tool.

This guy's family is going to be getting some serious money in the next year or so. Life is good in $EC country!

Back