• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Announces Future Regular-Season Scheduling Formats

To sum it up, for football, Pitt to the Coastal, and Syracuse in our division in the Atlantic. 9 regular season conference games. Play every team in the division and then same format with Duke every year (woohoo!) and then 2 Coastal teams.

For basketball, 18 regular season conference games, one rival that each team will play twice (ours is NC State). Will play each conference team 4 times over the course of every 3 years

Sweet, we'll play the 'Cuse at least once a year in basketball. That's also a probable win in football most years.

Conference tournament will include all 14 teams as well. 5 days a la the Big East? If so NO ONE will show up on Wednesday for the 11 v 14 and 12 v 13 games

Conference tournament will include all 14 teams as well. 5 days a la the Big East? If so NO ONE will show up on Wednesday for the 11 v 14 and 12 v 13 games

Will make Wake tickets easy to pick up...

No more home and home with our traditional rival, Georgia Tech. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

So we will play UNC, our most traditional of all rivalries, at home in football only once every SIX years.

The price of expansion.

No one shows up for the first round now...

We are going to have to drop a game in 2014.

2014: Army, Northern Illinois, at Rice, at Vanderbilt

damn, I was hoping for Pitt in football.

only because I might move to PGH and would have loved to see the Deacs every other year.

Is this better thought out than the last time around when they announced a mathematically impossible schedule?

We are going to have to drop a game in 2014.

2014: Army, Northern Illinois, at Rice, at Vanderbilt

Drop Northern Illinois because its the 3rd game of a Home-home-away from like 15 years ago. The other three we owe return trips to.

damn, I was hoping for Pitt in football.

only because I might move to PGH and would have loved to see the Deacs every other year.

A nice Primanti Bros monster sandwich, an ice cold Iron City, and a trip to see the Deacs play Pitt. Does sound good.

Drop Northern Illinois because its the 3rd game of a Home-home-away from like 15 years ago. The other three we owe return trips to.

I think I agree--normally I would say we should try and get out of the Rice game since we wouldn't want to lose a home date, but with the recruiting we've been doing in Texas, having a game down there wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Love it. Another reason for me to get to fly up to my favorite getaway upstate NY. Get to get me some Saranac and pizza rolls.

The scheduling model will be based on a three-year cycle during which teams will play every league opponent at least once with the primary partners playing home and away annually while the other 12 rotate in groups of four: one year both home and away; one year at home only; and one year away only. Over the course of the three-year cycle primary partners play a total of six times and all other conference opponents play four times.

Could they have made the basketball scheduling model any more difficult? What a bunch of crap. #FireSwofford

Back