• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pick your top 10 picks of the 2012 NFL draft

THE DEUCE

Reaction score
‎1.Colts-Luck STANFORD
2.Skins-RG3 BAYLOR {trade with STL}
3.Vikes-Kalil OT USC
4.Browns-Blackmon WR OKSTATE
5.Bucs-Claiborne CB LSU
6.Rams-Reif OT IOWA
7.Jax- Dre Kirkpatrick CB BAMA
8.Car-Coples DE/LB UNC
9.Mia- Jonathan Martin OT STANFORD
10.Bills-Upshaw OLB BAMA

Why? From what I've read, he was very impressive Senior Bowl week and prolly vaulted himself back into the top-10.

So we should up his stock after the Senior Bowl because he recovered the luster he lost by being the king prima donna on a UNC team filled with prima donna's? Dude is a quitter with a terrible attitude. Trade down for a DT, and more picks in the 2nd.

We could probably get Devon Still (DT, Pedo U, 6-5, 310) at around 12th

Indy: Luck
Wash (from StL): RG3
Minn: Kalil
Clev: Richardson
TB: Claiborne
StL: Blackmon
Jax: Floyd
Car: Kirkpatrick
Mia: Reif
Buf: Upshaw

1. Andrew Luck - Indianapolis Colts
2. Robert Griffin III - Cleveland Browns (trade w/ St. Louis)
3. Matt Kalil - Minnesota Vikings
4. Justin Blackmon - St. Louis (trade w/ Cleveland)
5. Morris Claiborne - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6. Dre Kirkpatrick - Washington Redskins
7. Reily Reiff - Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Quinton Coples - Carolina Panthers
9. Trent Richardson - Miami Dolphins
10. Melvin Ingram - Buffalo Bills

I wonder what trading from 4 or 6 to #2 will cost. I'm not convinced RG3 is worth it, but I could be wrong. MIN is really hoping STL gets rid of #2 so they can get Kalil.

I wish there was some way in hell that Carolina could get up to Blackmon. I was praying that he would have a terrible fiesta bowl, but then the dude had to go and freak out on the big stage and catapult himself into the top 5.

I don't think the Browns can afford to give up picks to get the number 2 spot....they have waaay too many needs!

IMO, if Blackmon is available then the Panthers should snag him otherwise, get defensive players.

There is no other option if Blackmon is available, you take him. No chance in hell he will be. The question is whether he is worth trading up for.

I don't think the Panthers will go DT. Took a couple guys last year and Rivera seemed pretty comfortable with what we have.

Plus DTs are really a dime a dozen, unless it's a Suh-type who can rush the QB, and those are rare. If we can find a pass rusher to help CJ, Coples or otherwise, think that would be a sound investment of a top 10 pick

I don't think the Browns can afford to give up picks to get the number 2 spot....they have waaay too many needs!

I think the Browns will give up the other first round pick (#22 overall) they have to get RGIII (plus probably another pick in a mid round this year or next year). If there is any franchise that needs some excitement, it's the Browns. I think that will be a big factor in their decision to make this move. They will want their version of Cam.

I think the Browns will give up the other first round pick (#22 overall) they have to get RGIII (plus probably another pick in a mid round this year or next year). If there is any franchise that needs some excitement, it's the Browns. I think that will be a big factor in their decision to make this move. They will want their version of Cam.

I completely understand this argument, and I would agree but for some comments made by Holmgren basically saying they want to build the team through the draft. Given the Browns myriad of needs, I would be shocked that they make a trade that picks up a first round pick only to turn it right back. My guess would be Browns take QB if available or WR with first pick, then OLB or WR later depending on first pick. Could also see a CB or DE being taken if a good one falls.

I think the Skins will sign Peyton and go with a QB in the later rounds.

Just seems like there are more attractive options for Peyton if he is healthy.

Back