• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Green/Fields

CHillDeac

Reaction score
DC has a nice post regarding our trio of FR. Green has earned, and will get, more playing time going forward. As for Fields, Bz's comments should help clear up the confusion regarding his lack of playing time.

Fields lost his confidence somewhere along the way, and it’s hard for a coach to have confidence in a player who has none in himself. He has played 175 minutes total, but only 17 in ACC play.

[Redacted] did remind me of something that I’d forgotten along the way. Fields has had two wrist surgeries over the past 12 months, and [Redacted] is convinced that the forced inactivity and rehab has set Fields back. I don’t believe anyone expects Fields to ever be the next Chris Paul, but the staff would like to see him develop and provide depth at college basketball’s most critical position of point guard. It’ll probably be next year before we find out if that’s in the cards.

“In fairness to Anthony Fields, Anthony spent almost six months with his left hand in a cast,’’ [Redacted] said. “And he had two surgeries on his left wrist – with a bone graft. And he wasn’t able to play for six months.

“His wrist is still stiff to the point that the doctors said it will take about a year for him to get mobility back. It’s very difficult for a point guard to play basically with a hand tied behind his back. That needs to be understood.’’

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/

He could play with no arms and accumulate the stats that TC has the last 2 games.

740676.jpg

Back