• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lew Oliver- Typical GOP insane rant

ThinkingWithMyDeac

Reaction score
The Chairman of the Orange County Republican Committee in Florida has launched a broadside against New Hampshire’s historic first-in-the-nation presidential primary. In an e-mail to fellow Florida Republican Committee members, Lew Oliver says, “only a drunken twit would design such a system.”

Also in his correspondence, Oliver trashes the Boston Red Sox, the postal service, e-mail and the Republican National Committee. He capitalizes words and phrases where it appears he feels very strongly about something and makes frequent and redundant use of punctuation, as well.

However, he never gets around to explaining why New Hampshire should lose its historic role other than the fact that the Red Sox – which are based in Boston, Massachusetts, not New Hampshire – “suck.”

Instead, Oliver makes a specious and unsupported argument that unless Florida votes early, Obama will win re-election and America will become “France with baseball.” While making the argument that Florida will likely be the largest swing state in 2012, he appears to confuse the primary calendar with the General Election.

READ OLIVER’S TIRADE HERE

Why is it a typical insane GOP rant? Seems pretty well thought out to me. The guy obviously has a point.

I just thought that tag would drive in customers to my thread. I do think there are two points to his ramblings though.
1. He probably has a point about small states dictating the primaries, but if people didnt follow like sheep what other people did it wouldnt be a big deal. Also there probably should be some staggering of primaries as candidates need more time to get around states to promote themselves. I personally thing the entire electoral college and the way they do things is dated but so be it.
2. If you are in a position to talk to people, why would you put in things that have nothing to do with your argument and are simply inflammatory. Syrup farmers, the Red Sox suck, etc... I actually think its another case in point where old people dont realize how easy emails and and such can be viewed by millions of people that werent the intended audience, ala ting tang tong UCLA girl.

Back