• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZZZIN Down Tobacco Road

deacphan

Reaction score
So far in his Wake Forest career, Jeffy is, of course, 0-8 against our Tobacco Road rivals. Things are looking up, though, as the Deacs had their best loss so far today. The 11 point loss was almost half as bad as his average loss in this series (20.5 PPG). Things are looking up!

Our closest loss today against a B4 opponent right?

And the sad thing is that State is bringing in a better class than we are and they are more talented than us now. And Duke and Carolina are Duke and Carolina.

When will we win our next B4 game?

Almost there!

75_78406743.jpg

Yup. Much better than the HUGE 14 point loss at UNC last year.

Jeff [Redacted] is now 9-44 in conference road games since 2005.

Of the 53 conference road games he has coached since coming back from the NBA to college he has lost 28 of them by ten points or more.

The fun never ends with this guy!

So far in his Wake Forest career, Jeffy is, of course, 0-8 against our Tobacco Road rivals. Things are looking up, though, as the Deacs had their best loss so far today. The 11 point loss was almost half as bad as his average loss in this series (20.5 PPG). Things are looking up!
Oof

you must spread some rep around before giving it to DV7 again.

Don't understand why you people hate Buzz so much. He just accepted a good job offer. Maybe we could have hired someone better, not his fault. He's doing a decent job with the hand he's been dealt.

If you watched the game today, it was obvious State has more talent. We actually played fairly well today except for a few too may turnovers by TC (and he has shown improvement) and some good shooting by State.

I think TC's our best point guard option currently, but I'd like to see CJ run it some with Chase at the 2. That makes us bigger, gives us more ability to spread the floor and another scoring threat.

Don't understand why you people hate Buzz so much. He just accepted a good job offer. Maybe we could have hired someone better, not his fault. He's doing a decent job with the hand he's been dealt.

If you watched the game today, it was obvious State has more talent. We actually played fairly well today except for a few too may turnovers by TC (and he has shown improvement) and some good shooting by State.

I think TC's our best point guard option currently, but I'd like to see CJ run it some with Chase at the 2. That makes us bigger, gives us more ability to spread the floor and another scoring threat.

Based on what, exactly?

I would hate to see how bad we would be doing if he wasn't doing a decent job.

Our closest loss today against a B4 opponent right?

And the sad thing is that State is bringing in a better class than we are and they are more talented than us now. And Duke and Carolina are Duke and Carolina.

When will we win our next B4 game?

Based on what? Because Scout and Rivals say so?

We addressed weaknesses in our class, State hasn't done the same. State's biggest weakness right now is the lack of size and length inside.

Having a 5'9 PG, a 6'4 SG and a 6'8 SF doesn't address that issue. They are going to lose Jefferson (6'8 PF) to Duke and are now trying to get on in Ricardo Gathers (6'6 PF) late.

We addressed our issues. We have a 6'2 PG coming in, a 6'10 PF, a 6'8 PF and a 7'+ Center. Along with a versitale 6'8 SG/SF and a 6'6 SF who is built like a truck.

I would take our recruiting class over their recruiting class, because I would rather have CMM over Tyler "I can't play defense" Lewis and our big men over their lack of big men.

and as far as recruiting rankings go...

I would rather have BC's ** freshman Dennis Clifford than our **** sophomore Carson Desrosiers. That's how terrible recruiting rankings are for big men.

Last edited:
Don't understand why you people hate Buzz so much. He just accepted a good job offer. Maybe we could have hired someone better, not his fault.

While your premise might be right, the simple fact is... that 'good job offer' comes with expectations of good performance.

Mediocre results would be more quickly accepted at a school like Air Force (and before you try to correct me on his, know that Bz only beat 1 top-50 team outside of the NIT Tournament while at AFA) and Colorado.

The problem here is... this isn't even a picture of mediocrity:

WFU '10-'11 & '11-'12
vs. top-50: 0-15
double-digit losses: 28

By taking this job... Bz was subjecting himself to a higher standard of results.

Ron Wellman, by hiring Bz, was exhibiting his confidence in Bz's ability to achieve that success.

They both deserve every piece of heat that they're currently getting (and probably more).

Meh, I don't really take issue with posts like vt's that want to criticize our performance. What I do think is dumb, however, is the desire to call him a 'cunt' and say that he eats unwiped ass when, as far as I can tell, he's just a guy trying to do his job and represent the university well.

As a fanbase, we went from attacking results to attacking character in about 3 games last year. Frankly, we may have started attacking his character before last season even began.

Meh, I don't really take issue with posts like vt's that want to criticize our performance. What I do think is dumb, however, is the desire to call him a 'cunt' and say that he eats unwiped ass when, as far as I can tell, he's just a guy trying to do his job and represent the university well.

As a fanbase, we went from attacking results to attacking character in about 3 games last year. Frankly, we may have started attacking his character before last season even began.

You have some nerve trying to pontificate to others about how they should behave, sir.

Oh, and Jeff [Redacted] IS a cunt because he lied to his players' faces at Air Force. Only fucking low life cunts lie to their players like he did.

http://gazetteafasports.freedomblog...d]-learned-something-from-afa-departure/5309/

If Jeff [Redacted] has a problem with people calling him a cunt, then maybe he shouldn't do such cunty things as lie to his own players' faces. Simple problem/simple solution.

"some nerve." Really?

No one's perfect. Thus one might hesitate to judge, no? And when another points out that this hesitation is merited, that's pontificating?

Some nerve, chico.

I wouldn't.

#notsayin #justsayin

I think Razor makes a decent point, though. Our class is special insofar as it addresses lots of needs (like, every position) and it does so with seemingly good quality at every spot. Meanwhile, State has taken some glamorous players but it's not clear that these specific players will actually make them a great program.

It's hard to say if we ever passed up on a "more talented" player according to the rankings in order to fill a need, but if that's the case, then I think we've certainly taken the wiser path than State with their class.

Back