• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WVU Cancels Its Florida St. Game

A lot of what I've read online said it has to do with the 9-game Big XII schedule. FSU's AD Randy Spetman's apparently talking lawsuit.

Yeh i posted this under the ACC Schedule thread. They really put us in a bad spot. We are talking to TAMU and OU but I can't see a deal getting done with them.

BXII scheduling is a bit whacked out this year and WVU's potential litigation with the Big East has not helped matters in the least.

Seems like this leaves FSU with an extremely weak OOC schedule...

I'd like to cancel the use of the apostrophe in the thread title.

Sorry, incredibly nerdy of me. Just a pet peeve.

I'd like to cancel the use of the apostrophe in the thread title.

Sorry, incredibly nerdy of me. Just a pet peeve.

I'm a nerd about that too and normally I'd catch that before posting. I assume it was because I hadn't finished off my first cup of morning coffee before posting a new thread. ;-)

On what grounds would FSU sue? There was an out in the agreed to contract they both agreed upon. WVU took the option for the out.

It sucks, is selfish and classless, but I don't believe ground for suit.

IANAL

On what grounds would FSU sue? There was an out in the agreed to contract they both agreed upon. WVU took the option for the out.

It sucks, is selfish and classless, but I don't believe ground for suit.

IANAL

Doesn't sound like he knows either other than there's an issue of "liquidated damages." LINK

LOL. Are we back in 1999?

looking at their 2012 schedule they're again better than everyone on there. They'll blow it as usual... but getting West Virginia off their schedule definitely helps them out. West Virginia was their toughest game.

September 1 Murray State Home
September 8 MYSTERY OPPONENT Home
September 29 USF Away
November 24 Florida Home

2012 Games with dates TBA
ACC home games: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Wake Forest
ACC road games: Maryland, Miami, NC State, Virginia Tech

We've seen this movie before. And I would argue their road ACC schedule is above-average difficult

You mean we are only 7 months away from FSU moving from "national contender" to "rebuilding year"?

The D-line FSU is assembling is going to be frightening.

WVU and Oliver Luck are trash.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Colts release Manning and then Luck pulls an Elway (Stanford QB) to stay away from that organization.

Back