• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#5 Ranked Recruiting Class (Men's Soccer)

It's an awesome class, I'm surprised/disappointed it's not higher, since we got the best player in the nation, and the #3 player.

If you are a top soccer player with free rides to go to multiple schools, what on god's green earth would make you want to attend Akron (or even visit there)?

If you are a top soccer player with free rides to go to multiple schools, what on god's green earth would make you want to attend Akron (or even visit there)?

They're a top soccer school in the country? Isn't that a good enough reason?

I'm surprised Wake isn't higher than 5th too since we have two of the top three players in the country.

They're a top soccer school in the country? Isn't that a good enough reason?

I'm surprised Wake isn't higher than 5th too since we have two of the top three players in the country.

I think the point is that if you're that good you can go to any of the other top soccer schools in the country, many of which most would find more desirable. Akron is a terrible school in a terrible location.

I think the point is that if you're that good you can go to any of the other top soccer schools in the country, many of which most would find more desirable. Akron is a terrible school in a terrible location.

Good coach who puts players in the pros. Also, soccer is basically the unquestioned big dog on campus. Can't say that about the ACC schools, no matter how good we all are.

It's an awesome class, I'm surprised/disappointed it's not higher, since we got the best player in the nation, and the #3 player.

Well, TDS, who put out that article, has Robinson as #13 and Gamble as #14. Honestly, I tend to believe their work more than CSN, who is really just one person trying to sound like a larger organization.

Good coach who puts players in the pros. Also, soccer is basically the unquestioned big dog on campus. Can't say that about the ACC schools, no matter how good we all are.

This.

Mainly their coach. Guy is a genius.

Wake Forest - Michael Gamble and Jalen Robinson are just the start of this class, but what a start!

It sounds like its not totally up to date. I don't follow soccer recruiting all that closely, but I thought our class was done, and had 6 players.

And it's not as if the top players are getting full rides everywhere. Schollies are limited for soccer. Say you're the number #20 ranked player in this class, and you REALLY want to come to Wake with who we've signed, you're likely going to be paying some of your way here.

bowden-_terry_102.jpg

"Well you see - the lunch buffet - it's FREE! Got a whole plate of them dang mozzrelli sticks!"

Leave it to a soccer fan to mess up our school colors.

Mens Soccer would have been helpful in the thread title.

Money is the single biggest factor and that is very rarely in Wake's favor.

Back