• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC football survey

Garrett_TD23

Reaction score
You may by chance have seen this survey on other sites, if you have already filled it out please don't fill it out again. The results of the survey will be put together in an article for Southern Pigskin. If you would like to participate in it, please be sure you fill it out correctly with valid anwers. I would like to get more than a hundred participants total. This would be a good chance to get Old Gold and Black some free advertising, I'm going to list the top 5 sites with the most participants for this survey, so far Pack Pride leads with 16.

1 Which college football team is your favorite?

2 Which annually played ACC matchup NOT involving your favorite team is the most entertaining historically?

3 Which annually played ACC matchup NOT involving your favorite team is the most entertaining recently (last 2-3 years)?

4 Which irregulary played ACC matchup NOT involving your favorite team would make a great annually played game?

5 Which new matchup NOT involving your favorite team appeals to you the most that involves the new members Syracuse and Pitt?

Current division alignment with cross over games:

BC / VT
Clemson / GT
FSU / Miami
Maryland / UVA
NCSU / UNC
Wake / Duke
Cuse / Pitt

Example:

1 FSU
2 Clemson vs GT
3 UNC vs NCSU
4 Clemson vs Miami
5 SU vs Duke

Only 1 person filled out the survey from this site. I would love to have more participants and you don't have to PM me, just post it here.

1 Wake
2 FSU / Miami
3 Clemson / GT (LOLOLOL this year's game)
4 None
5 None (Gun to my head, Cuse vs BC)

Wake has 7 mentions so far in this survey including 5 who answered "FSU vs Wake" to question #2.

1. Wake Forest
2. NC State-UNC
3. GT-Clemson
4. VT-Clemson
5. Syracuse-FSU

1. Wake Forest
2. NC State-UNC
3. GT-Clemson
4. VT-Clemson
5. Syracuse-FSU

1. Wake Forest
2. FSU / Miami
3. GT / Clemson
4. VT / Clemson
5. Not really any, but Syracuse vs. BC (Battle of the bottom-dwellers?) would be fun.

1. Wake Forest
2.Fla. State/Miami
3.Clemson/VaTech
4.Fla. State/VaTech
5.Pitt./Maryland

Lot of friends from back home ended up at Cuse and BC. Interestingly, I didn't know anyone at BC who wasn't a Notre Dame reject.

If by annual games, do you also include intra-divisional games (e.g. VT/GT)? Those are annually played games. But all your examples seem to be games consisting of teams from one division vs. teams from the other, so that's what I went with.

1. Wake
2. F$U/Miami
3. Clemson/GT
4. F$U/VT
5. Syracuse/UVA

If by annual games, do you also include intra-divisional games (e.g. VT/GT)? Those are annually played games. But all your examples seem to be games consisting of teams from one division vs. teams from the other, so that's what I went with.

1. Wake
2. F$U/Miami
3. Clemson/GT
4. F$U/VT
5. Syracuse/UVA

Annual games are meant by games played annually in division or the cross division rivalry. I did not mean for my example to be misleading, that is actually my personal survey.

1 Wake Forest

2 Clemson-Georgia Tech

3 Clemson-Georgia Tech

4 Clemson-Virginia Tech

5 Maryland-Pittsburgh

1. Wake
2. FSU-Miami
3. Clemson-GT (didn't realize there was that much love for this game)
4. No such thing as a great ACC game. I guess VT-FSU.
5. They called them the Big Least for a reason. Maybe Miami-Cuse.

1 Wake Forest
2 State v Carolina
3 State v Carolina
4 VT v FSU
5 State v Pitt

1. Wake
2. FSU Miami
3. GT Clemson
4. GT FSU
5. Pitt VT

1. Wake Forest
2. NC State-North Carolina