• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank Haith

deaconwilli

Reaction score
I'd lost track of Frank since he left us for Florida. Then the other night there he is as head coach of 4th ranked Missouri, beating Kansas in a great game. With all our talk about coaching possibilities has he never appeared on the radar?

At Miami, he had a .384 ACC record in seven seasons at Miami.

Rick Barnes had him in Texas before his time in Miami.

He never seemed able to win the big games at Miami to get them in the NCAA's. I always liked Frank Haith though and glad to see him being successful at Missouri.

I am more interested to see Haith after this year. Its not a secret that he inherited an extremely talented roster that is senior laden. Lets see what he can do with some of his players. Wish him the best

There's some awkward pictures of him at Miami with the booster / con man who took players to strip clubs, bought them prostitutes, etc... He was lucky the story broke after he took the Missouri job. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't be coaching this year.

It is great to see Frank and the other former Wake guys doing so well with 4 guards and a power forward. They play a fun style of play. It is good to see a black and gold team win.

I am more interested to see Haith after this year. Its not a secret that he inherited an extremely talented roster that is senior laden. Lets see what he can do with some of his players. Wish him the best

Yep. Very interested to see how he does next season. Not a great recruiting class either. Luckily, he'll be trading the Big XII for the SEC though.

Guys,Frank has 3 transfers ready to play next season plus Jarbari Brown at mid season. I think he will be fine next season.

How he got off without getting into trouble in Miami with a confession from the scammer and pictures is amazing.

rj, our white knight brought Tom Abatemarco back to college basketball before he left town.

who calls him "our white night"?

There are pictures of Frank and the guy. The guy admits cheating for Miami football and basketball. I wish it weren't true, but it is.

Why is it that the Bz defenders on this board seem to have it out for our former coaches?

I will first say I have no idea whatsoever whether Frank was involved with or knew of payments to Miami players. But the guy did an excellent job as Odom's primary recruiting assistant at the end of Dave's tenure and was very well liked by the Wake community. He then did a great job with Rick Barnes at UT but had a rather so-so record at Miami. I wish Frank all the success in the world. I'm not clamoring for him to be our next coach either. All of that said, it's sad that the Bz defenders here are so quick to wish ill to or denigrate a guy who did a great job at Wake and who has nothing to do with our current situation.

There you go again. Saying it's unfair to decide on [Redacted] before next year is not defending him. It's the rational and professional thing to do on many levels.

Also stating the obvious that Franks wasn't very successful at Miami and was implicated in a scandal are simple facts.

I hope he does well, but those things are very true.

It will be really interesting to see what he does over the next few years. Ranks right there with [Redacted] on the "why did they hire that guy?" scale (perhaps even above), but so far in year one he's done much better than anyone expected (and certainly much more than Anderson did with the same basic team plus a key player).

I don't think fairness to Coach Bz is really the key concern here. We need a dynamic coach that restores confidence in our program's future. Bz enablers want it both ways, why not drop the semantics and take a clear stand for your guy.

Because he hasn't poven to be my guy. I wasn't thrilled that he was our coach.

My position has been the same for almost two years. Let's see if he can do it. Chris even said, my bar of at least 18 wins next year is high.

Frank Haith has a link to a sketchy guy at a previous stop and bzz wanted to bring his sketchy recruiter with him to wake. Interesting.

There's some awkward pictures of him at Miami with the booster / con man who took players to strip clubs, bought them prostitutes, etc... He was lucky the story broke after he took the Missouri job. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't be coaching this year.

There are also pictures of the guy with Donna Shalala.

Back