• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meltdown Thread

chill-o.gif

FUCK! I've never seen a D1 team get skull fucked like this. We hit rock bottom, and took a jackhammer to that shit. China here we come!

Hard to meltdown from nothing.

I'll bet I'm not the only one silently hoping VA blows us out so horribly that Wellman has to consider firing the coaching staff. All these folks who claim we have to give Bz a chance, and that talent is the problem are just idiots in my book. It's pretty obvious that regardless of the talent, this guy can't coach or lead a team.

We have two of the top scorers in the league, and a decent shot blocker and rebounder in Ty Walker. Admittedly, TC is proving to be a huge problem at PG, but the whole team plays, not just any one guy. The coach is supposed to be looking at each game, and his squad, and find ways to help them have success. [Redacted] fails to do that EVERY single game. In the games we have done ok in it's some individual players, and not the coaching, that helped us.

I'm really disappointed that UVA has started to sub in their scrubs with 9 minutes to go and will mask the fact that we are horrible. UVA has started to miss almost every shot they take now, without even being defended, so the stats of this game won't reflect what a horrible job of coaching and playing this was. Personally, I don't blame our players at all, because I know what leadership means, especially in sports. Any team, no matter how weak, needs leadership and belief. They have to have a reason to go out and try hard. They have to be able to see that what they are doing will work. Does anybody really think that what we are doing will ever work? I'm sure the players don't. That's why you see so much "over-trying" and mistakes. they're attempting to make something good happen when what the coach is having them do won't work.

I'll bet I'm not the only one silently hoping VA blows us out so horribly that Wellman has to consider firing the coaching staff.

Stopped reading right there. I'm to the point where I want everyone associated with this team gone but I will never hope, silently or otherwise, that we get blown out by anyone.

Stopped reading right there. I'm to the point where I want everyone associated with this team gone but I will never hope, silently or otherwise, that we get blown out by anyone.

This, MSD is bigger than any coach, no matter how shitty his ties are. I would support Bzz if he gave me reason to hope, but CMM is not nearly enough to offset the embarrassment from this abortion of a coaching job and team.

FUCK! I've never seen a D1 team get skull fucked like this. We hit rock bottom, and took a jackhammer to that shit. China here we come!

We haven't hit rock bottom yet.

If we lose at home to BC then that is rock bottom.

In 10 ACC games this year, Steve Donahue and his steaming pile of crap roster have three conference wins and two single-digit losses.

In his 27 ACC games (including ACCT) at Wake, Jeff [Redacted] has three conference wins and two single-digit losses.

No offense intended, and maybe I shouldn't have shared that thought. But I'm very disappointed. Frankly, there's no reason to expect our program to actually become competitive under the current head coach, regardless of the players. He's never once shown that he could actually coach successfully in our conference. Sometimes in life there comes a time to grow up and admit you made a mistake, even a big one. When you can't accept and learn from failure, you can't succeed. I'm willing to accept that our talent isn't always the best, but that's not our only problem. I'm willing to go winless for the season, if our team demonstrates they are learning, and are doing things that will eventually be successful. But that isn't happening. I'm very concerned that our program is going to waste another couple of years with this coach before turning in a positive direction. We need some kind of significant event to clear the fog from everybody's eyes.

OGB had the quote of the year. Some buzz-in clown was saying we just needed a good shooting night to knock off a superior opponent. He responded "That was High Point."

Back