• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we don't go 6-0 in our last 6 games this season. Updated

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
...barring tournament wins, it will be statistically impossible for Jeff [Redacted] to reach .500 in his first 3 seasons in February & March.

"We were 16-17 in March over the past three seasons...I took a look at everything statistical and there was a significant decline from February to March, and even more so from March into tournament play...We had two decisions to choose from: we could either use the staff that we had and try to fix things within, or we could seek a change and go in a new direction. We will begin searching immediately for a new coach."

-Ron Wellman (April 7th, 2010)

[Redacted] (February + March at WFU)

0-14
Double Digit Losses: 13

The time is now, Ron. Get the recruits on board with your new hire & light a fire into this program.

ETA: Updated 2/12

Last edited:
We will go 7-0!

I also think you are having trouble understanding that Wellman quote. Not that it matter.

I also think you are having trouble understanding that Wellman quote. Not that it matter.

Please. PLEASE, elaborate on this.

I really hope that you just insinuated that because 0-13 (with 12 double digit losses) isn't a 'significant decline' from November-January, that Wellman shouldn't be as concerned about the direction of Bz's teams.

I'm not sure how else you could have meant it. I'd like to thank you in advance for providing the most pathetic (and telling) Buzz-in argument I've ever read.

Please. PLEASE, elaborate on this.

I really hope that you just insinuated that because 0-13 (with 12 double digit losses) isn't a 'significant decline' from November-January, that Wellman shouldn't be as concerned about the direction of Bz's teams.

I'm not sure how else you could have meant it. I'd like to thank you in advance for providing the most pathetic (and telling) Buzz-in argument I've ever read.

What? What is wrong with you?

You go on the weirdest rants sometimes.

...barring tournament wins, it will be statistically impossible for Jeff [Redacted] to reach .500 in his first 3 seasons in February & March.

"We were 16-17 in March over the past three seasons...I took a look at everything statistical and there was a significant decline from February to March, and even more so from March into tournament play...We had two decisions to choose from: we could either use the staff that we had and try to fix things within, or we could seek a change and go in a new direction. We will begin searching immediately for a new coach."

-Ron Wellman (April 7th, 2010)

[Redacted] (February + March at WFU)

0-13
Double Digit Losses: 12

The time is now, Ron. Get the recruits on board with your new hire & light a fire into this program.

Sorry for the repost (I posted something very similar in another thread)...

:tard:

Just in case IAI was insinuating that that I was missing Ron Wellman's point of improving throughout the season... I put together these handy charts:

oMm3g.png

JzSx1.png

So basically we want to be like BYU with less wins.

While I'm not a [Redacted] fan at all, I'm not so sure that a new coach means we'll automatically start winning 75% of our games in feb/march...

It's not like it's just an easy switch.

That said, [Redacted] is not the right man for this job...and not the right man to bring about the results on which Wellman based his last coaching decision.

While I'm not a [Redacted] fan at all, I'm not so sure that a new coach means we'll automatically start winning 75% of our games in feb/march...

Firing Bz is the first step. Nobody expects immediate improvement, but constant double digit losses is unacceptable considering we were #4 at one point three years ago.

Firing Bz is the first step. Nobody expects immediate improvement, but constant double digit losses is unacceptable considering we were #4 at one point three years ago.

... not to mention that 75% is a full 3/4ths of 100% away from 0%. :tard:

Back