• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Features - Which ones will last?

ellisat2

Reaction score
So I've been playing around with some of these new bells and whistles -- which ones will people actually use after the novelty wears off?

- Reputation (not sure about this one)

- Social Groups (could be decent if people use it)

- Contacts / Friends (maybe)

- Subscribe To Thread (I might use this one)

What other fun things have I missed?

Subscribe to thread is really nice if you remember to use it.

SEARCH FUNCTION

Multi-quote

Blue arrows taking you to where you left off in a thread (or end of thread depending on which you click)

We have some other nice features in the pipeline, but I really like the reputation system.

Subscribe to thread is really nice if you remember to use it.

SEARCH FUNCTION

Multi-quote

Blue arrows taking you to where you left off in a thread (or end of thread depending on which you click)

Yeah, I used some add-on that let me do the multi-quote on the other boards, so thats not new to me, but still very cool.

the Blue Arrow might win it. That thing is rad.

might be a dumb ass question but what exactly is the point of the reputation thing?

signatures are the worst thing about every other message board I've ever read. really hate they were added here

thread tags are another one. I don't think that one will catch on except to be funny

Of course not, I don't think it will be used in a serious way. Its part of the genius of it. People will find a way to use them in a humorous manner, hopefully :)

signatures are the worst thing about every other message board I've ever read. really hate they were added here

We have seriously locked down the signatures here. I wouldn't worry about them to much.

If they get out of hand, we would be more than willing to make a change.

Back