• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Athletic Director

rjequalsmj

Reaction score
Completely hypothetical and I am not calling for RW's head, but if RW retires/gets fired/etc. do you think we would promote from within or go outside the program?

I know Mike Buddie is really high up in the department does anybody know anything about him (aside from his silly pitching abilities), I have heard really good things. Is he being groomed to be AD? Could we maybe give him more input/authority on coaching hires.

If the ladies had a vote Mike Buddie would be the AD right now.

Dont know about his athletic directing abilities, but he is a great guy and a great representative for the university. He's gone above and beyond with anything I've ever asked him to do.

Surprised no one has mentioned Chill either since he was hired as an assistant to the AD. Although, I don't think we hire anyone without previous experience as an AD at a smaller program or as an assistant AD at a large program.

Norwood Teague is the answer. And if he brought along his current hoops coach, I might not mind so much.

Norwood Teague is the answer. And if he brought along his current hoops coach, I might not mind so much.

Dude definitely knows how to hire basketball coaches.

bkf. That guy knows basketball coaches and is level-headed.

He can co-lead with rj, who has tons of connections within the coaching and scouting world, on top of being a real expert in nearly any other subject discussed here.

I heard Joseph Amonett is very interested..

Whichever one was sending dv7 pissed off emails- promote that guy. LOL!

AD is a very important, politically sensitive position at schools like WF. I think one reason RW has thrived here is that he is discreet, sober, and probably fares well with the academic types. I don't know much about Currie, but the things I read suggest he does not fit that mold.

I would expect that when RW retires (he will not be fired barring a major scandal), Hatch and the trustees will undertake a long, very deliberate search and that the new AD will come from outside, probably from a high-level associate AD-type position at another academically oriented school.

AD is a very important, politically sensitive position at schools like WF. I think one reason RW has thrived here is that he is discreet, sober, and probably fares well with the academic types. I don't know much about Currie, but the things I read suggest he does not fit that mold.

I would expect that when RW retires (he will not be fired barring a major scandal), Hatch and the trustees will undertake a long, very deliberate search and that the new AD will come from outside, probably from a high-level associate AD-type position at another academically oriented school.

Probably Notre Dame since that is what hatch wants us to turn into.

Blah, blah, blah. I agree that you don't know John Currie.

Back