• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Bitch Slaps Buzz

Boards Tough Guy

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/

excuses, excuses....

Making a bad night all the worse was the score that flashed up on the John Paul Jones Arena of upstart Boston College, in a death race with Wake and Georgia Tech for the ACC cellar, knocking off FSU 64-60. Now if Leonard Hamilton wants to say he didn’t recognize his Seminoles in that game, that’s one thing. It’s a little harder for [Redacted], whose Deacons had lost seven of their previous eight—and had allowed N.C. State to shoot 53 percent just four days ago—, to make that case.

“So we’re just going to get back on that bus and go back home and know that we’re much better than this."

... says the coach of a 2-8 basketball team.

Last night the players quit. Who can blame them. It looked just like last year. They have no leadership and have packed it in. I think you'll see a lot more of these "impostors" the rest of the year.

The only real question is who does the Bz/Ron Wellman ass hole brigade blame each remaining game for another horrendous collapse.

Maybe the players know the only way to get a change is to just stink it up, even if it is against everything they've ever done.

If thats the case, then they are a bunch of sorry losers and they need to go too.

Edited to add: I dont think they would actually intentionally "stink it up"

If thats the case, then they are a bunch of sorry losers and they need to go too.

Yep. But there is no way that's the case. They may have lost any confidence in Bzz but it's really dumb to think they are intentionally tanking. Way to much pride for that, this isn't pee-wee ball.

For me, one of the tell-tale signs of a team not wanting it was last night we only committed 7 team fouls. For our bigs it looked like this:

Nikita 26 mins 1 foul. Nikita with only one foul!!
Walker 16 mins 0 fouls
McKie 31 mins 0 fouls
Carson 21 mins 1 foul
Green 4 mins 2 fouls (had a really nice dunk and was pulled and never seen again)

and our only 'big' to even attempt a free throw last night was McKie. Something is terribly wrong with those stats. Our bigs should be banging and at least attempting to thwart the opposition's offense.

For me, one of the tell-tale signs of a team not wanting it was last night we only committed 7 team fouls. For our bigs it looked like this:

Walker 16 mins 0 fouls
McKie 31 mins 0 fouls
Carson 21 mins 1 foul
Green 4 mins 2 fouls (had a really nice dunk and was pulled and never seen again)

and our only 'big' to even attempt a free throw last night was McKie. Something is terribly wrong with those stats. Our bigs should be banging and at least attempting to thwart the opposition's offense.

No no. It's all part of that wonderful modified Princeton offense that deacfreke raves about when we hit 60% of our 3's in a game.

Walker 16 mins 0 fouls
McKie 31 mins 0 fouls
Carson 21 mins 1 foul

I agree with this 100%. If I'm guarding Mike Scott he might be scoring but from the foul line. I would break his fucking arm before I would let him stand there and shoot it in my face. Pathetic!

I hope the players have quit. It will help usher in the next coach.

“That’s not us,’’ [Redacted] said. “That’s not how we’ve been playing lately.

“So we’re just going throw the players under that bus and go back home and know that we’re much better than this.’‘

FIFB

Reading that bottom part of Dan's entry about Boston College being an "upstart" and upsetting Florida State reminded me of this blurb from the ESPN preview of BC before the season started:

Donahue has added a number of promising players who very well could be the foundation for a competitive team at Boston College. But that's not likely to happen this season. In fact, it would be a major accomplishment if the Eagles could match what Wake Forest did a year ago -- 8-24 overall and 1-15 in the ACC.

And keep in mind that the 2011 Deacs returned more experience and had a higher rated recruiting class than the 2012 Eagles.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...lege-basketball-preview-boston-college-eagles

I'd say they've already soared past last year's Deacs, and have a chance to finish above THIS year's Deacs.

Back