• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So You're Bzz-Out, Who Else Are You Out?

Who else is out?

• Jeff Battle-Out (Assoc. Head Coach)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Rusty LaRue-Out (Assistant Coach)

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Walt Corbean-Out (Assistant Coach)

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Jeff Nix-Out (Director of Basketball Operations)

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Greg Brittenham-Out (Director of Athletic Performance, Basketball)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Dan Ficke-Out (Assistand Coordinator of Operations)

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Mike Lepore-Out (Team Videographer)

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Jane Caldwell-Out (Student-Athlete Services)

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Greg Collins-Out (Assistant AD, Sports Medicine)

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Craig Zakrzewski-Out (Equipment Manager (Socks))

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
Do you want to clean house? Do you want to fire all the bums. Put your money where your mouth is and let everyone know where you really stand. Bzz isn't running this program into the ground by himself you know. Multiple choices allowed.

Last edited:
I gave a reprieve to Lynne Heflin (Administrative Assistant). There's no reason to believe that she isn't pulling her weight, but I do understand that there is a growing Hef-Out contingent.

Battle almost left this past off season so I'm thinking he leaves of his own accord after this year.

I've always been a fan of employing an actual big to coach the big men but I think Wojo coaches the bigs at Duke so it's probably not a huge issue (even though people may argue that the bigs at Duke suck).

I'm Bzzout and I'm also hesitant to see who we pursue after Bzzzzz is fired. I don't question Wellman's ability to make a decent hire persay, just nervous about the fan base's reaction following the hire. I think [Redacted] was clearly a poor hire, but that Wellman has hired enough good coaches across a variety of sports that he can be relatively trusted to avoid making another monumental mistake. If we don't get a good hire next, our basketball program is going to reach a point where it's down and it may stay down for a long while IMO.

Wellman needs to go after a young coach at an up and coming low to mid-major who can infuse some energy into the fanbase, the team, and impress the administration (Wellman and Hatch). People continue to say "nobody wants to come here if we fire [Redacted]" but Wake will always be a school with a pretty good basketball history in a premier conference for basketball in which everyone gets to play Duke and UNC every year. For a young coach at a smaller school, it would be interesting for him to turn Wake down because "OMG THEY FIRED DINO AND [Redacted] QUICKLY" when it is evident that we can still get pretty good recruits to come to Wake.

So bottomline Bzzthefuckout and then I expect Wellman to make an appropriate hire. If this doesn't happen, I'll turn my increasing frustration at Wellman.

The entire coaching staff. We've strung together enough hodge-podge, makeshift staffs from overlapping eras. Plus, a lot of the recruiting misses have to be at least partially attributed to the assistant coaches who have been scouting and courting those guys.

This program needs a total overhaul.

I cannot remember an assistant coach that I've ever liked more than Jeff Battle. I will never complain about having a guy like Rusty around the program & I have to think he's got the potential to be one of the best recruiters in the country.

I still think Ron Wellman is a fantastic fit for Wake Forest & what he's done (w/ the football facilities, etc) cannot be overlooked. He has had visions that we haven't all agreed with ('Wrigley Stadium of College Football") that have turned out spectacularly. With all of that said; his Bz hire & subsequent handling of the turbulence ("I couldn't be happier") is nothing sort of egregious; however, if he takes proactive measures (ending this nightmare before most think he can/will) to fix this in the near future... I will still support him.

If he continues to ignore reality (beyond this current season) and wait for a miracle turn-a-round while Bz is still head coach, I think it will tarnish everything he's done at WF to a degree that it will ultimately ruin his legacy.

Also when (and I do mean when, not if) [Redacted] is fired, everyone should be fired. I know we have emotional ties and attachments to people on the staff, but this is real business not a family lemonade stand.

When Dino was fired everyone should have been fired too. Coaches want to bring their own guys in and Wake needs to start from the ground up with the players that we have on the team when [Redacted] gets the ax.

Knowing what all Jane Caldwell does/puts up with for all athletes, she shouldn't be on this list. I also doubt that equipment manager or videographer have any influence whatsoever

Knowing what all Jane Caldwell does/puts up with for all athletes, she shouldn't be on this list. I also doubt that equipment manager or videographer have any influence whatsoever

Culture change is a keystone of Wellman's vision.

Also when (and I do mean when, not if) [Redacted] is fired, everyone should be fired. I know we have emotional ties and attachments to people on the staff, but this is real business not a family lemonade stand.

When Dino was fired everyone should have been fired too. Coaches want to bring their own guys in and Wake needs to start from the ground up with the players that we have on the team when [Redacted] gets the ax.

I think that depends a lot on the guy that you're bringing in.

I would personally like to see Battle & LaRue retained by whoever comes in.

"First of all, I'm never going to throw my players under the bus...." - Bz

Please note how he artfully left the team videographer out of that quote.

#MikeLeporeOUT

Zakrzewski-Out

From his bio: "A huge supporter of all things Buffalo, Zakrzewski is also a lifelong Boston Red Sox fan."

He's dead to me.

Provided the next head coaching change isn't the result of [Redacted] retiring, everyone from DBO up should leave as well. Absolutely nothing against Battle, Corbean, LaRue, and Nix, but it will be time to get a fresh start. Time to let the Prosser, Gaudio, and [Redacted] era's be history.

This will probably be an unpopular view, but I think it's the right one.

Provided the next head coaching change isn't the result of [Redacted] retiring, everyone from DBO up should leave as well. Absolutely nothing against Battle, Corbean, LaRue, and Nix, but it will be time to get a fresh start. Time to let the Prosser, Gaudio, and [Redacted] era's be history.

This will probably be an unpopular view, but I think it's the right one.

I agree, it would be unpopular, especially on the boards, but it would be the right decision.

Back