• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hiring Buzz Prediction Thread (2010)

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Here's a beaut:

"Hello future Say Hey Deac. You are reading this in the future. How exciting! For the record, April 2010 Say Hey Deac is excited about [Redacted] and looking forward to seeing our team demonstrate some fundamental basketball skills and an increased basketball IQ." (emphasis supplied).

Last edited:
Or this tidy gem:

"I trust in Ron, since he's better at his job than I would be. Bz's NBA experience combined with Wake's drawing power will lead to a slew of high profile recruits. While 2010-11 might not be the best year in school history, our team will get better as the season progresses and the 5 recruits will lay the foundation for the next run to greatness. I'm in." (emphasis supplied).

Thank you ProsserForPresident!

MOAR! What did that former stud poster freekndeacon have to say?

Out of compassion for a fellow Mod, I will not humiliate Stonz.

Damn! Just damn!

edit: Paging Bob Stack Fan. It seems you might have been onto something in the thread dealing with bets with Jaybone.

This from Jaybone:

"Perfect hire as long as he stays more than 5 years."

You gotta post more. Post mine next.

It was probably something like "bad hire, but maybe we'll have fundamentals".

MOAR! What did that former stud poster freekndeacon have to say?

First of all, your avatar at the time was a photoshopped pic of Buzz that told the world you were "Bzerk for" [Redacted].

Then, unfortunately, there was this:

"I think we'll be better than we were under Dino or Skip."

Noooo! I forgot all about the bzerk for [Redacted] movement. That one died quickly.

I can't get through BobKnightFan's without cringing.

Here's an excerpt:

"I think he might turn out to be...[wait for it...wait for it...]....

the best head coach we have had since Carl Tacy."

Thank you RJKarl:

"The value of this hire will be seen in the 11/12 season."

I can't get through BobKnightFan's without cringing.

Here's an excerpt:

"I think he might turn out to be...[wait for it...wait for it...]....

the best head coach we have had since Carl Tacy."

That turns into...
http://thatfan.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/[Redacted].jpg?w=450

A dwarf prognosticates:

"...but I think by his second season we'll easily be finishing in the top half of the ACC and maybe even making some bigger noise than that." (empahasis supplied).

--TexasDeac10 (4/13/2010 at 11:05 p.m.)

go:

"I support him and I honestly can say I have no idea what is going to happen, but this is Wake and I know something bad will happen." (emphasis supplied).

Back