• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Torgrim Sommerfeldt Sighting

Reaction score
I went to a Fairfield U-Manhattan hoops game last night and was shocked to see Torgrim playing for Manhattan. I know he got hurt but he is like the 10th or 11th man on a bad Manhattan team. He looked pretty terrible and really showed no skill at all. The highlight of his game was tripping at mid court and falling down and travelling. And to think he was talked about like he was a prized recuit for Wake that was going to solidify our outside shooting issues. Board hype by people who have never seen our recruits play is funny stuff....

Lulz, no. He was the guy who blew out both his knees iirc.

I don't think he was a "prized" recruit, just someone who could shoot really well and fill that role for us.

My favorite was the Israeli fighter pilot who never showed, if he could bomb Arabs no telling what he could have done from the 3 pt line.

I bet Nikita would be the tenth man on Manhattan's team, too.

I know Torgrim eventually blew out his knees, but I had been under the impression that the reason he didn't come here was because he decided to turn pro instead. Obviously I'm wrong, but is there something to that, or did I just completely make it up?

I know Torgrim eventually blew out his knees, but I had been under the impression that the reason he didn't come here was because he decided to turn pro instead. Obviously I'm wrong, but is there something to that, or did I just completely make it up?

Yes and yes.

link

"Sommerfeldt committed to Wake Forest in early March despite two knee injuries earlier in his career. After he sustained a third knee injury, he decided to pursue a professional career in Europe."

Back