• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz and Grobe

Shake

Reaction score
Does everyone remember the special relationship that Skip had with Grobe? I'm not sure there's a better example of the 2 major coaches having each others back and supporting each other. It was Wake and they were in it together.

Can someone give me one example of Buzz and Grobe even having a relationship.

I believe fellow coaches are avoiding Buzz like cancer.

You have to BE a coach to have a relationship with other coaches.

Does everyone remember the special relationship that Skip had with Grobe? I'm not sure there's a better example of the 2 major coaches having each others back and supporting each other. It was Wake and they were in it together.

I've thought the same thing.

Would you want a piece of this hot steaming pile of Bzz action if you were another coach at Wake? I wouldn't touch him with a 30 foot electrified pole.

Oh, and you know Bzz is such a great recruiter that Grobe is probably worried he's gonna steal all the former bball players from the fb team.

I am sure they have a good relationship. They both coached at the AF for goodness sakes.

Its hard to imagine Bzz and Grobe in the same room. Grobe would put his hand out to shake like a man. Bzz would attempt to shake, hurt his hand and respond with "ouchies my hands still prunny from hot yoga".

Grobe would stair at him in disbelief and walk away ashamed and sad.

The difference is Skip was inherently and overtly a warm person. [Redacted] is far more reserved.

Grobe and Skip had similar Rust Belt backgrounds and their personalities were really a perfect complement. You had Grobe's simple sense of humor and natural reservedness mixed with Skip's gregariousness. Watching them speak and interact was like watching a comedy routine. [Redacted] obviously does not have the personality Skip had, and therefore he and Grobe don't have the same chemistry. That said, I've seen nothing to indicate that they don't like or respect each other.

"I've seen nothing..."

I think that's the point. Has either acknowledged each other at all?

Of all the criticisms (many legit) of Bzz, this take the prize for must utterly irrelevant.

WGAF? How much "buddy-buddy time" has K spent with any Duke football coach? Did it make Duke football better? worse? Are Nick Saban and Anthony Grant close friends? Do you think anyone at Bama cares?

Geez, come on people. Your hatred of Bzz has descended into the silly.

One of my lasting memories of Skip Prosser is at a football game. It was the game at Ole Miss in 2006. The game was delayed by an hour two due to rain and lightning. The delayed start and continuing rain kept most Ole Miss fans, and even some of the wake fans that made the trip down there, in the Grove drinking and partying. There was a small, yet vocal, group of wake fans that went into the game and stuck it out through the rain to watch the Deacon ground game dominate the rebels. Among those fans were Skip and Nancy Prosser. I can't imagine Coach [Redacted] traveling to a road football game 600 miles to sit in the rain and watch the football game like he was just another Wake fan. Although I doubt many Division I basketball coaches would do that. We had a very special coach in Skip and it's probably not fair to compare Bz to him.

Of all the criticisms (many legit) of Bzz, this take the prize for must utterly irrelevant.

WGAF? How much "buddy-buddy time" has K spent with any Duke football coach? Did it make Duke football better? worse? Are Nick Saban and Anthony Grant close friends? Do you think anyone at Bama cares?

Geez, come on people. Your hatred of Bzz has descended into the silly.

Yeah, this. I don't want Bz around any longer than he has to be, but really. K has scheduled basketball scrimmages at the same time as home football games, knowing full well which one fans will go to. That's not only not buddy-buddy, it's sabotage.

Buzz is an absolute prick in person, grade A cum guzzler. Know of many people who have been ignored when saying hello to him...

This is the kind of weird conspiracy theory stuff that I don't get. What evidence do we have one way or the other that Grobe and [Redacted] are friends? Why, in the absence of affirmative evidence, should we just assume that Grobe is avoiding [Redacted] "like cancer"?

And really, who cares?

Why don't our coaches hang out with Jay Vidovich that much? Does it really matter?

Please change thread titles. Those two names do not deserve to be so close together.

The difference is Skip was inherently and overtly a warm person. [Redacted] is far more reserved.

I remember Skip showing up at the field hockey and soccer games. He usually didn't stay long but at least showed up and showed support.

Back