• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobotomysts! Good news and bad news

sailordeac

Reaction score
The good news for those obsessed with Lobo is that he is no longer offensive line coach. He's now coaching tight ends and fullbacks. The bad news is that he is still offensive coordinator. Check out the official Wake homepage.

TEs and FBs? Two positions that Lobo's offense has generally ignored during his reign as OC.

In 13 games last season, Bohanon got 15 carries. Ford (12), Bohanon (9) and Parker (6) combined for 27 catches for 201 yards.

TEs and FBs? Two positions that Lobo's offense has generally ignored during his reign as OC.

In 13 games last season, Bohanon got 15 carries. Ford (12), Bohanon (9) and Parker (6) combined for 27 catches for 201 yards.

TIME TO PLAY BOHANON IN THE SLOT!

Don't they block?

Lobo never seemed to be as effective teaching the OL after we moved away from the cut blocking scheme, which is the scheme he has been the most familiar with during his coaching career up to that point. Glad we are getting some new blood to teach the OL.

I've always wondered why Lobo doesn't spend more effort developing and using TE's as receiving weapons. The NFL has clearly shown in recent seasons how formidable a weapon a good pass-catching TE can be. My freshman year (2001) I remember Ray Thomas would have a couple of 15-25 yard receptions a game using the exact same play. If we can just get a semi-nimble big guy out in space I know Tanner will find him. It would do wonders for our offense.

Maybe he will learn to appreciate their value now

We don't use TEs much, but we incorporate the FB into the offense much more than most teams do.

It seems like most of our WR completions go to areas where TEs often catch the ball.

We don't use TEs much, but we incorporate the FB into the offense much more than most teams do.

It seems like most of our WR completions go to areas where TEs often catch the ball.

Good Lord....we were a chip shot field goal away from playing in the conference championship game. Keep using tight ends and fullbacks the same way.

Good Lord....we were a chip shot field goal away from playing in the conference championship game. Keep using tight ends and fullbacks the same way.

I don't think we're talking about a complete overhaul of our offensive schemes here. Tanner will be without his favorite target next season so we've got to consider other options, and I can hardly see the down side in attempting to make our offense more dynamic by increasing the role of the TE as a downfield threat. True, Jimmy hits that field goal and maybe we played for the ACC title, but maybe if our offense was a little more creative we don't find ourselves in that position.

We're coming off a .500 regular season so it's at the very least worthy of a discussion.

We finished 1-5 for the 3rd straight season. keeper likes to post records, but somehow that escapes him.

Back