• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's College Sports Regional Fan Map

truifh0

Reaction score
This seems pretty dead on especially for LOWF:

421519_314295231952078_100001148102832_918092_401104522_n.jpg

In BC's dreams....

Seriously. I can speak firsthand that nobody in Maine or New Hampshire gives a @@@@@ about BC. Maine is UMaine and New Hampshire is New Hampshire. I'd say Maine doesn't even like BC as a 2nd favorite team. That honor would go to UMass or UConn before it went to BC.

If this were for football, I think Syracuse and UConn each has more fans in Vermont than BC. If it's basketball, it probably goes UVM, UConn, Syracuse, UMass, Duke, UNC, Random School X, then BC.

Looks like Stanford, Duke, Wake, Northwestern and Baylor are in the same boat. Also, not nearly that many people care about BC.

Last edited:
Seriously. I can speak firsthand that nobody in Maine or New Hampshire gives a @@@@@ about BC. Maine is UMaine and New Hampshire is New Hampshire. I'd say Maine doesn't even like BC as a 2nd favorite team. That honor would go to UMass or UConn before it went to BC.

BC should be a small little dot in Chestnut Hill. Sure there's people outside of there that like them, but not a majority, even in Boston.

Is The University of California really more popular than UCLA or USC?

I would say Yes in central to Northern Cal. However, because UCLA and USCs fan base are in LA, they probably have more fans. There is NOTHING between Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz. Inland, its a miserable drive.

ALso the 3-4 hours north of San Fran, there is nothing. So its not that's surprising.

Other than NCSU being smaller in reality than portrayed on the map, this pretty much sums up why those of us who live in NC despise UNC and only get mildy irritated by Duke.

Even in BC's biggest sport -- hockey -- the folks in Orono own Maine. (In DI, anyway -- says this Bowdoin grad.)

Other than NCSU being smaller in reality than portrayed on the map, this pretty much sums up why those of us who live in NC despise UNC and only get mildy irritated by Duke.

This is just untrue for me and most fans I know when it comes to basketball.

Back