• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fields

berneses

Reaction score
for those clamoring to see more Fields i can see why Buzz hasn't played him. I think CMM has to start from day one at point guard as Anthony and TC are way over their heads. Not sure why Fields was given a scholarship at this point.

If he doesn't transfer, he might be a solid backup his senior year.

for those clamoring to see more Fields i can see why Buzz hasn't played him. I think CMM has to start from day one at point guard as Anthony and TC are way over their heads. Not sure why Fields was given a scholarship at this point.

I think Fields getting PT this year is more of an indictment of how bad our team is, than how bad of a player he is. We needed a backup PG desperately, and Fields was local and available. As bad as he is, we weren't going to get a better walk-on, and Bzz was probably incapable of recruiting anyone better in the short-term. We don't need 13 all-stars on scholarship, we just need our 5 starters to play well, and 3 or 4 role players to play defense and stick to a gameplan. When we get that, you won't worry about Fields game.

I have a hard time judging Fields too harshly when I consider that he broke his wrist twice, and had his arm in a cast for +6 months. He wasn't super-talented to begin with, and now he can't trust his athleticism or handle, which were the 2 strong parts of his game. I say give him some time before we push him to transfer, because he could develop into a solid contributor over time.

Last edited:
We could have had Shane Larkin, but we sure biffed it with him.

I posted on the game thread that he's dangerous with the ball -- dangerous in the way that it looks like somebody is about to get hurt in a pickup game

Seems like a good kid but isn't an ACC caliber player. Unfortunately, I'd prolly say that about our entire freshman class. Chennault is tough and is closer to being an ACC caliber player but just doesn't have the requisite quicks.

Seems like a good kid but isn't an ACC caliber player. Unfortunately, I'd prolly say that about our entire freshman class. Chennault is tough and is closer to being an ACC caliber player but just doesn't have the requisite quicks.

He can't break into the starting line up playing behind this guy...

(from Dan's blog)
"Andre Young got off for 19 points, five assists and no turnovers. Kendall Marshall got off for 14 points, six assists and one turnover. Lorenzo Brown got off for 15 points, eight assists and two turnovers. Jontel Evans, averaging 6.2 points a game, got off for 10 points, four assists and no turnovers.

In the four games against Clemson, North Carolina, N.C. State and Virginia, meanwhile, Chennault scored a total of 17 points with 15 assists and 14 turnovers. And, by the way, he made seven of 24 shots from the floor, for 29 percent."

This team is so frustrating to watch

I'm troubled by Dan's insistence on using the phrase "got off" repeatedly.

Back