• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

I'll just leave this right here.

wwCkq.png

The players responses just highlight what a toolbag Bzz is. They take on the responsibility of the loss, and exalt the coach. What does the coach do? Complain about the players, and deflect criticism from himself.

The players responses just highlight what a toolbag Bzz is. They take on the responsibility of the loss, and exclaim the coach. What does the coach do? Complain about the players, and deflect criticism from himself.

Good point. He has always been a "blame the players" guy, from his first post game presser. One of the things I originally disliked about him when I read his quotes. When I started watching his interviews and pressers....wow, I've never seen someone so easy to dislike coaching for MSD. He makes Odom or even Gaudio look positively charismatic.

Last edited:
If he were remotely likeable, it would at least be a start.

He seems like a nice enough guy but in that presser he made me think of this guy:

Players certainly showing a lot of class and responsibility in their answers. Bzzz...I mean, not much else can be said about him. When he said, "I talk to them like I'm talking to you now", I tried to imagine being a player in that locker room, and trying to get fired up and inspired by Bzzz's quiet, defeated, monotone voice.

Last edited:
The poor guy is just completely uninspiring and sounds just beaten down, almost like someone who is going to resign. However since I don't think he'll do that, this greatly frustrates me.

Because if you're going to act defeated, and you're actually planning to depart the program, I can forgive it, since you're mentally on your way out. But if you're stubbornly going to hang on, then at least act like it with your passion, your enthusiasm about the future, your undying hope.

If fans and players don't see it in the coach, who else is supposed to generate it?

So Bzz either needs to announce his departure, or step up and begin showing life & excitement again (/for the first time). There is no in-between.

He sounds disrespectful and unprofessional to Dan, and his answers are the answers of a guy who is trying so hard to be the smartest guy in the room. He's pompous and arrogant. I can't imagine having to play for him.

The poor guy is just completely uninspiring and sounds just beaten down, almost like someone who is going to resign. However since I don't think he'll do that, this greatly frustrates me.

Because if you're going to act defeated, and you're actually planning to depart the program, I can forgive it, since you're mentally on your way out. But if you're stubbornly going to hang on, then at least act like it with your passion, your enthusiasm about the future, your undying hope.

If fans and players don't see it in the coach, who else is supposed to generate it?

So Bzz needs to announce his departure. There is no in-between.

I shortened the second to last sentence. And he's not a "poor guy"...he's a jerk. He's made snarky comments like the one in that video since day 1.

The worst thing a leader of any team or organization can do is to set up a me-vs-them with the people he's trying to lead. This is the most recent and blatant example of Bzs tendency to do just that.

So Bzz either needs to announce his departure, or step up and begin showing life & excitement again (/for the first time). There is no in-between.

I couldn't agree more

What have Wake fans ever done to have to be subject to this guy ruining our beloved program? It is like we have gone beyond the NCAA and self-imposed the death penalty.

In essence, he is stealing from WFU by collecting a salary for a job he has no interest or passion for.

It's just time to end it. This press conference gives Wellman the perfect opening. BZZ acts so clearly weird and creepy, that if it was shown nationally along side his record as head coach, nobody would blame us for severing ties. Wake wouldn't be firing a "good guy" for no reason.

But I bet Wellman makes us suffer his pal for one more year. I've got to give this topic a rest for a while...I'm so mad I need to go for a run!

Last edited:
Back