• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz-Out Movement : Share your correspondences w/ Ron Wellman & WFU

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
We can post stats and opinions (and even photoshops :thumbsup:) all day long with the intent of contributing to the Buzz-Out cause, but ultimately, information has to be in the hands of the right people for it to have any effect on the direction of our team and program.

While my passion, enthusiasm, and excitement for all things WFU have been life-long and unwavering, I fully recognize (and respect) that because of my age & place in life, my opinion likely means infinitesimally less to the powers-that-be of MSD in comparison to the thoughts of many that post and browse on this site. Despite that, I want to do what I can to help this effort. I want this thread to accomplish something real.

For those of you who have a louder (proverbially, of course :squint:) voice than myself, please share your correspondences with the Athletic Department (and/or the University) in regards to [Redacted] & the direction of the program on this thread. Whether you've written a letter, sent an email, or made the effort to speak in person to a 'decision-maker' at WFU (or have even thought about doing any of those things).... I would like to see this group make an effort to present a strong and united front to ensure that our collective voices are not being drowned out & discounted by the decision-makers as angry ramblings of those on the 'fringe' that are inherent with melt-downs after a loss for every sports team with passionate fans on the planet.

What I hope to create w/ this thread is an easy-to-use resource for those of us who have not taken the opportunity to make their voices heard. I want the posts here to provide something more proactive & in-depth than a simple petition ever could.

Your contributions to this thread should not be copy-righted. If you're reading this thread and another person's letter expresses your own beliefs that you haven't taken the time to voice or to put into words, or even if the measures they've taken just make fantastic sense to you... you should feel encouraged to use them (and modify them) as your own... just make sure you do your part to turn up the volume for the group & make our stance increasingly clear to the people who can actually right the ship.

I look forward to reading the posts on this thread & I appreciate all participation in the conversation. If there is anything I can provide (cleaned up data/stats/quotes you've seen me post, etc) to make your job in compiling your arguments better... I will gladly do what I can.

I am going to put the most obvious choices for where to direct your thoughts here (and update the list as more recommendations are made):

Athletic Director's Office
PO Box 7265
Winston-Salem, NC 27109

All phone numbers begin with: (336) 758- and are followed by the 4 digit code you should see listed below

Ron Wellman Director of Athletics 5616
Krista Holgate Assistant to the Director of Athletics 4267 holgatk
Donna Hall Administrative Coordinator 5616 halldf

Thank you again for reading & I hope this serves a purpose. Go Deacs!

Last edited:
And just to clarify... while this was obviously started w/ a tone and a purpose of 'Buzz-out'... the true intention is to help amplify whatever opinions (and questions) that might not be getting the proper attention from the people with power in regards to the state of the program.

Basically: your contributions to this thread do not have to be blood-thirsty (or even totally Buzz-out) for it to serve its purpose. The ultimate goal is to identify, separate, and amplify the rational thoughts of the masses from the illogical ramblings of a few.

I heard donations are down almost $700k below where they were last year at this point. And last year was obviously a pretty bad year as well.

What's the plan? Fire Buzz and hope we get someone better?

What's the plan? Fire Buzz and hope we get someone better?

I think that's what this thread needs to be about... and it needs to be primarily from people (unlike me) who have actual connections, the proper knowledge, and the right level of realistic expectations to make actual change happen.

I'll step aside, for now :plos:

and it needs to be primarily from people (unlike me) who have real connections, the proper knowledge, and the right level of realistic expectations to make actual change happen.
:plos:

I legitimately wonder how many of those kinds of people post here.

Not trying to be an ass. I simply don't know.

Edit: and I'm not talking about doubting the expectation level of our posters either. Really just questioning the first two you listed.

I heard donations are down almost $700k below where they were last year at this point.

At the end of the day, money talks. If the above is true, Wellman and others may be more receptive than ever in light of the major drop in giving. I'm on board, but I'm in the same boat as you VT.

Edit: and I'm not talking about doubting the expectation level of our posters either. Really just questioning the first two you listed.

Completely valid, but while I'm certainly a nobody... I'd consider myself to know & interact a handful people who are somebody's (based on their ability to have their voices heard by the higher-ups). Of the 4-5 that I know in that category; 0 post here regularly (2 have less than 100 posts)... but, I've heard every single one of them discuss threads, individual posters, and various topics specifically discussed here.

FWIW, I expect them (at least the ones with an existing account) to contribute to this thread. #SmallSampleSize, I know... but your concerns were definitely considered before I decided to create this.

"Jeff [Redacted] combines an incredible work ethic with a razor-sharp basketball mind and will certainly be a credit to Wake Forest both on and off the court. In our 30 years of coaching, he ranks at the top in his ability to relate to players and develop programs."
- Gregg Popovich, Head Coach, San Antonio Spurs

I have gotten 2 emails from RW, but they are just form letters to disgruntled fans. (I am not a big money donor). They seem to be listed as letter one, and if there is a response, send letter 2. I specifically asked that he address a concern so that I would know that it was not a form letter and he ignored it.

I didn't expect anything different, especially since I am a nobody, but I thought I would pass it along.

I think that's what this thread needs to be about... and it needs to be primarily from people (unlike me) who have actual connections, the proper knowledge, and the right level of realistic expectations to make actual change happen.

I'll step aside, for now :plos:

I highly doubt you will step aside from stuff like this anytime soon. You come up with a new "idea" like this almost daily. Keep it in one thread.

The number of people that you are wondering about actually posting here would be EXTREMELY small i'd guess.

I asked that they fire [Redacted] in the comment box of my annual Deacon Club donation.

I don't think that's going to go far.

I have gotten 2 emails from RW, but they are just form letters to disgruntled fans. (I am not a big money donor). They seem to be listed as letter one, and if there is a response, send letter 2. I specifically asked that he address a concern so that I would know that it was not a form letter and he ignored it.

I didn't expect anything different, especially since I am a nobody, but I thought I would pass it along.

Same thing happened to me. I think we got a letter writing campaign going last year, and someone posted their response from RW. I had seen that response before, as it was the same one that I got. Not shocked.

We just need to start an online petition and have alumni sign it. Then we get 10,000+ signatures, print it all out and FedEx it to the SID.

"Jeff [Redacted] combines an incredible work ethic with a razor-sharp basketball mind and will certainly be a credit to Wake Forest both on and off the court. In our 30 years of coaching, he ranks at the top in his ability to relate to players and develop programs."
- Gregg Popovich, Head Coach, San Antonio Spurs

:rulz: I love Pops to death, but that really saddens me.

As the coach of Wake Forest Buzz is dead. I don't think that he can recover from this. I suppose, turnabout is fair play. We have helped to fire several football coaches at Clemson, now they have returned the favor with Buzz in basketball.

Jeff [Redacted] has become a zombie. He seems to be alive but actually he's dead as the Wake coach. The only question is when do Buzz and Wellman realize it?

If you're looking for material at the National level, start with Seth Davis tweets. Twice in the last three weeks, he's had very snarky comments about Wake in his Twenty for Tuesday twitter segment:

In regards to whether Bruce Weber would get fired if Illinois still made the tournament: "No, you don't fire a coach that makes the tournament....unless you're Wake Forest."

Then two weeks later in regards to someone commenting that Wake's current coach is awful and asking how long until we're relevant again: "Don't make me play my Gaudio card. Karma's a bitch."

Then, there's this blog: http://quantball.wordpress.com. Yes, it's mine, but I appreciate any traffic to it as we fight the good fight and I try to get it off the ground. I'll still post the main points of everything Wake related here for discussion on the boards. Thanks to ChrisL68 and others for being the inspiration for the name of my segment on the worst major conference teams that I started last year by having the sense of humor to show me I could go that path with the intended ridicule without being too harsh or unfair. I changed it a little bit, but please let me know if you have an issue with my use of The [Redacted] Line.

Any progress from the first half of the season has been wiped away, and I'm not sure where in the last month or two I finally tipped, but he's just not getting the job done here. I'm not going to bash him specifically (Wake will be talked about a bit specifically but in the context of all teams nationally), but I'll post enough stats and facts to make the point irrefutable to any reader that he's been a collossal failure. Let me know if you want me to research anything else specifically or did deeper into any stats you've uncovered.

Back