• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

big win for lady deacs tonight vs. State

berneses

Reaction score
70-57 now 15-10 for the year. Great game by Chelsea Douglass. Glad to see one Deacs hoops team playing pretty well. Congrats to Coach P the man who made sweater vests cool.

Indeed. Something to be proud of. Go Deacs!

I was at the game.

It was the Kay Yow game, and sold out, so there was a good deal of emotion in the house.

Ladies fought back from an 8 point deficit early in the second half, and hit 10 straight free throws in the last minute.

It was truly the most joy I've gotten out of a Wake basketball game in a long time.

I was at the game.

It was the Kay Yow game, and sold out, so there was a good deal of emotion in the house.

Ladies fought back from an 8 point deficit early in the second half, and hit 10 straight free throws in the last minute.

It was truly the most joy I've gotten out of a Wake basketball game in a long time.

Awesome.

Their last four games include a home game against GT (#23) and then three games against pretty mediocre/bad teams. Any chance 19-10 (9-7) with one or two conference tournament game wins gets us into the tournament?

I watched the whole game. big turning point was when the state coach got the technical. I think we were up 1 in then went up 4. that was somewhere between 3 and 5 minutes left mark. very back and forth game with a lot of turnovers. l think we had 20. I think they're biggest lead was 10 & ours 7 before the last minute or so. I like our backcourt speed but we need to play more under control. still very enjoyable to watch and see a win.

Last edited:
Their last four games include a home game against GT (#23) and then three games against pretty mediocre/bad teams. Any chance 19-10 (9-7) with one or two conference tournament game wins gets us into the tournament?

Probably depends on who we beat in the ACCT. The tournament is in Greensboro. We should try to get a lot more support behind them down the stretch. The WBB is easy to be proud of. Coach Pete has always had the girls playing hard. I regret that I have been too busy to get to any games this year.

Back