• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Track + Football

Dekin

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you follow track, but we have some great new additions this year from the football team. While we usually do have a few guys running sprints, I wanted to give a shout out to these guys for some exceptional performances in their first meet. Love to see these guys burning up the track ............they're really fast and should be fun to watch next fall on the gridiron as they get more playing time.

Orville Reynolds, Sherman Ragland, Desmond Cooper, Brandon Terry

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-track/recaps/021112aaa.html

Wonder if J-Roc had a sitdown with the coaches and they talked him out of it this season

That's what I assume, but don't know for certain.
As much as I'd like to see him running track, it's much more important for him to be healthy for football.

"Reynolds, a running back for the Demon Deacon football squad, came quite close to breaking the school record in the 60m dash, finishing fourth in both the preliminary heats and the finals with times of 6.86 and 6.84, respectively. He missed claiming the record, set by Kevin Marion in 2008, by just seven-tenths of a second."

LOL. The person writing this is either really optimistic or has no idea that seven-tenths of a second in a 60m dash is a big chunk of time.

Brandon Terry is fast as hell. Desmond Cooper should retire from track for the season and get back in the weight room. He needs to be putting on pounds more than he needs to be running pretty slow 400s.

Awesome that Terry spent most of his time on "jumps" last year.

So we have a WR who's a track athlete in both jumping and running? Nice.

"Reynolds, a running back for the Demon Deacon football squad, came quite close to breaking the school record in the 60m dash, finishing fourth in both the preliminary heats and the finals with times of 6.86 and 6.84, respectively. He missed claiming the record, set by Kevin Marion in 2008, by just seven-tenths of a second."

LOL. The person writing this is either really optimistic or has no idea that seven-tenths of a second in a 60m dash is a big chunk of time.

Brandon Terry is fast as hell. Desmond Cooper should retire from track for the season and get back in the weight room. He needs to be putting on pounds more than he needs to be running pretty slow 400s.

I was just thinking the same thing. He lost by like 7 seconds. He would get worked by most high school kids.

fairly sure the author meant hundredths of a second. unless of course i missed the boat when kevin marion's 6.14 shattered maurice greene's 60m world record by .25 seconds.

Desmond Cooper should retire from track for the season and get back in the weight room. He needs to be putting on pounds more than he needs to be running pretty slow 400s.

I was just thinking the same thing. He lost by like 7 seconds. He would get worked by most high school kids.

He ran 54.5; there are high school girls that run pretty close to that each year. I think he was primarily a 200m guy in high school, though.

Also, that track is awesome. Pretty fantastic for Wake and Winston-Salem to have access to something like that.

Really good performances from Anthony Marois, Paul Loeser, and Tom Finneran.

I wonder why the athletic department decided to schedule the Home Meet for the last weekend of Spring Break? There goes the three day spring break to Daytona!

Wake changed the academic calendar which screwed over some aspects of the athletic calendar, that being one of them (the other being that now the ACC basketball tournaments are during the single most stressful week of the academic year that isn't a finals week).

Good point, both of you. I think it is especially disappointing because the home meet is really the only opportunity for students to get out and watch the team compete.

Desmond is running the 400 for conditioning purposes.

He won the District 200 Meters 3 years in a row in Jacksonville, Florida.

One reason why he was Miami's #1 Safety target. Arkansas and West Virginia thought the same.

Matt James is the top All-Around track guy on the team having set school records in 200,400,800, long jump,triple jump and high jump.

One reason why he was Miami's #1 Safety target. Arkansas and West Virginia thought the same.

Matt James is the top All-Around track guy on the team having set school records in 200,400,800, long jump,triple jump and high jump.

Wow. Heck of an athlete.

Wow. Heck of an athlete.

He and Terry have 'elite' speed for guys their size (6'4-6'6).

I'm sure the 'myth' of Quinshad is inspiration for guys who are only rising Sophomores. Don't sleep on either guy...as Lonnie continues to develop them.

are the records posted somewhere, that doesnt seem right.

Back