• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snipers at the Super Bowl

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
These pics were taken last week at the Super Bowl. A few of the news agencies boasted about how much security was there, but never mentioned anything about snipers inside the building.

Looks like a suppressed .308 magazine-fed Remington with US Optics scope.

I love the Walmart porch sitting chair they have him sitting in :rofl:

More deer are shot from nylon Walmart chairs than any other chair on the market.

It amuses me whenever I see snipers at big events like the inauguration or Army/Navy or even just walking by the White House. I don't think that will ever get old to me.

"Amusing"? Somewhere between badass and scary to me. I guess a sniper is better than using guns on the ground to take out somebody.

The Deadspin Article said:
The stadium was not yet open when the pics were taken and the rifle never had a round in it that day. ONLY Binoculars were used for observation during the game and NOT the rifle!! It was only put into position to get the pictures of the form fit and function of the DCLW Tripod.

The first picture suggests otherwise.

"Amusing"? Somewhere between badass and scary to me. I guess a sniper is better than using guns on the ground to take out somebody.

I mean the way I see it, that gun won't be aimed and loaded at me so :noidea:

Seriously. Let's hope the sans bullet statement is true though.

Why? There were plenty of cops walking around the stadium with a bullet in the chamber of their handgun. There's 0 point in having an unloaded weapon.

Last edited:
I guess I'm missing this, why do we need snipers at the Super Bowl? Is our country that paranoid now?

I guess I'm missing this, why do we need snipers at the Super Bowl? Is our country that paranoid now?

Per Homeland Security, they had intel that something might occur at the Super Bowl. We'll never know if that was legit, but that is what they were announcing.

So the snipers are there because the metal detectors and patdowns at the gates are worthless? Good to know.

Back