• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Ron Wellman?

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Has he spoke in public about the basketball team in 6 weeks? Surely he is close to doing another post game presser for Buzz.

I am suprised he has been totally silent the last few weeks. With each passing day his job should be more and more in question. I have never seen the Wake community more discouraged and even worse than that disengaged. The Staak era was light years ahead of what exists now. I feel terrible for the players, but the best thing that could happen now is if Wellman and Buzz leave.

Time for a clean slate. To quote Chevy Chase "Things couldnt get any worse we are at the threshhold of hell." Maybe Randy Quaid is available to coach.

Last edited:
"Worse? How could it get any worse? Take a look around you Ellen! We're at the threshold of hell!"

It's not so bad. Let's wait and see what Buzz does with his own hand selected talent and not Dino's cast offs.

I think the jury is out and everyone should be buzz in until next season.

For crying out loud, we have atop 20 player coming in.

I said the same thing last year, but I don't think we want Wellman to say anything. He isn't going to say anything that will make anyone feel any better.

I do think he will say something after the season, very possibly to announce a meaningless contract extension as a supposed vote of confidence.

I'm afraid we will be too young next year. But in 3 years? Watch out for the Fightin' Bzdeliks!

Wellman may deserve a chance for redemption seeing as he actually has succeeded in other aspects of WF Athletics.

[Redacted] needs to run before our fans kill him with fire.

... maybe not that drastic, but he is generally hated by everyone at the university.

It's not so bad. Let's wait and see what Buzz does with his own hand selected talent and not Dino's cast offs.

He won't be a top 20 when Bz gets his booger hooks on him.

And what about Fischer, Green, & Fields...aren't they Bz recruits???

Wellman may deserve a chance for redemption seeing as he actually has succeeded in other aspects of WF Athletics.

[Redacted] needs to run before our fans kill him with fire.

... maybe not that drastic, but he is generally hated by everyone at the university.

Ron Wellman was the same man that brought us 8 years of Jim Caldwell. Essentially Ron Wellman has only fired coaches with winning career records.

I don't know if you're drunk, high, dumb, or some really unfortunate combination of all three, but I can't believe that this perspective can possibly exist anymore.

Almost every traditional cellar-dweller has done something of note this year. Hell, even Towson won a game. "Historically bad" BC beat a top-20 team. Clemson beat us at home for the first time in over 10 years. What have we done or accomplished? Put more aptly because a basketball team is a hierarchy: what has our staff done or accomplished?

Whether or not you want to put that solely on [Redacted] or not is not what I'm asking (because we underachieved mightily with Dino, too). I'm wondering what it's going to take for fools to realize that this is a sinking ship and that our staff has made it a sinking ship.

This is [Redacted] and co.'s team far more than it's Dino's. Unless all scouting services have an unnatural bias against us (they don't), then consider that our prospects and our class may not be as transformative right out of the gate as we're all expecting/hoping them to be.

Just quit, already... Please. For all of us.

We need a deeper bench before I can become 100% BuzzOut.

We don't even have enough scholly players/experienced bench players to make a game against the starters in practice. Our walk-on's are good, but there is no way they can simulate playing against ACC talent. Makes a huge difference.

Our bench is pitiful.

Once the cupboard is adequately stocked, I will decide, but at this point, we have no one to spell a tired (mentally & physically) Travis and CJ. We are forced to start Nikita. Daniel Green,Fischer & Carson are getting meaningful minutes, Ty Walker is a starter...TC is our starting PG.

It's just...bad.

It's just...bad.

Expectations for most included wins over the ACC's cellar. Bad losses to Clemson, Maryland, and two bad ones against NC State complicates this assessment a bit. A decent win over BC aside and a rare combo-moral/actual victory over VT aside, we're really scraping the bottom of the historic barrel this year.

1378890-carworld_large.jpg

Expectations for most included wins over the ACC's cellar. Bad losses to Clemson, Maryland, and two bad ones against NC State complicates this assessment a bit. A decent win over BC aside and a rare combo-moral/actual victory over VT aside, we're really scraping the bottom of the historic barrel this year.

My fear is that this tough run (dook, UNC, FSU, UVa, NCSU) has worn the team completely down mentally and physically, especially Travis and CJ who carry most of the load, and that we won't beat BC and/or GT.

We probably need a new coach, but we definitely need reinforcements.

I don't know if you're drunk, high, dumb, or some really unfortunate combination of all three, but I can't believe that this perspective can possibly exist anymore.

Almost every traditional cellar-dweller has done something of note this year. Hell, even Towson won a game. "Historically bad" BC beat a top-20 team. Clemson beat us at home for the first time in over 10 years. What have we done or accomplished? Put more aptly because a basketball team is a hierarchy: what has our staff done or accomplished?

Whether or not you want to put that solely on [Redacted] or not is not what I'm asking (because we underachieved mightily with Dino, too). I'm wondering what it's going to take for fools to realize that this is a sinking ship and that our staff has made it a sinking ship.

This is [Redacted] and co.'s team far more than it's Dino's. Unless all scouting services have an unnatural bias against us (they don't), then consider that our prospects and our class may not be as transformative right out of the gate as we're all expecting/hoping them to be.

Just quit, already... Please. For all of us.

I don't keep up with the parodies that well, but I've been wondering if deacondemonzzzz is a parody. Or if not, maybe another AD plant. :noidea:

BC is 8-17. They haven't gotten run down.

BC has different players.

BC's players didn't endure this last season.

BC didn't play @Maryland, State, @dook, FSU, UNC, @State & @UVA in that order..with a game @ Clemson in there for good measure.

The only "easy" game on our schedule in the past month has been BC.

Our schedule is hell, our players have hit a wall and our coach is ??? I don't know what he is. I know we have Battle, Rusty & Corbean to scout, coach and motivate...and that Buzz is probably not going to be the answer. But Buzz in or Buzz out doesn't change the fact that we still need a bench.

Back