• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Dan Collins Getting Too Personal With Buzz?

deacondemonzzzz

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/

I know he is the beat writer, but jeez lighten up on the coach.

Is Collins trying to lose access to the team?

This doesn't strike me as objective reporting at all. Instead, it seems like Collins has a personal vendetta against The Buzz.

Am I the only person around here who thinks Buzz handled the question professionally and with dignity?

Hey Collins, take it down a notch.

GO DEACS!

How can you defend this piece of shit? Coach Halftime is one of the worst coaches in all of basketball.

Nice find, I'm curious to read everyone's take on this clip and blog post.

I just think it's cowardly to bash Buzz and then set up a commentary forum specifically designed to attack and hurt Buzz.

What has Buzz ever done to Collins?

I think it's time to tamp down the vitriol and, to paraphrase John Lennon, "Give Buzz A Chance!"

fishing.jpg

I thought it was another moonzzz parody designed to catch some folks.

How many ACC wins do we have?

I'm surprised someone hasn't burned his house down.

Dan Collins is a really good guy and has always given us favorable coverage. I think he has already had enough of Bzzz and his answers. Let's face it, covering Skip and Dino is a much better gig than covering BZZZ!

Have you read Bzz's resonses to some of Dan's questions? It's right out of the school of Belichick... funny stuff. I figure Dan is thinking, "well, I have to write something." But there is no doubt Dan has gone from calling this board the macademia nuts to being a bzzouter himself. That's how it seems anyway.

I just think it's cowardly to bash Buzz and then set up a commentary forum specifically designed to attack and hurt Buzz.

What has Buzz ever done to Collins?

I think it's time to tamp down the vitriol and, to paraphrase John Lennon, "Give Buzz A Chance!"

Are you serious? That question was skim milk compared to what Dan should be asking...

Have you read Bzz's resonses to some of Dan's questions? It's right out of the school of Belichick... funny stuff. I figure Dan is thinking, "well, I have to write something." But there is no doubt Dan has gone from calling this board the macademia nuts to being a bzzouter himself. That's how it seems anyway.

Completely agree.

And just to beat a dead horse... you've got one coach from your example that has earned the right to handle questions like that.

Can we get verification from a mod other than moon that zzz is not a moon parody?

People shouldn't get confused thinking Dan Collins is a Wake fan. He may call a spade a spade but he works to maintain objectivity about Wake- and that cuts both ways. Otherwise he'd just be a writer for the OGB.

For those of us who aren't in on all the board's inside jokes, is this thread one of them?

I feel bad for Dan. It must be tough covering such a crummy beat.

I love it how, post-Mr. Angre, the mods now create more trouble on here than the posters do...

Last edited:
Bzzz should be glad they won't let us ask the questions. That interview would go south real quick.

Back