• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trustees are AWOL

ncsportsnut1

Reaction score
Sorry but it's time. Trustees need to step up and take control of this situation before it does more damage. Get the coach to resign or fire him, make Wellman accountable for the hire, and replace them both. Any potential risks to a mid-season change went out the window with the team's "performance" the past two weeks and with [Redacted]'s arrogance and Wellman's smugness. When you are all powerful and no one has the guts to question you, I guess that's the end result.

I imagine some of the Trustees were in the move to fire Dino and hire Bzz.

It would be interesting to know how many fans support Bzz and want Lobo gone. In the greater scheme of things, how would you rank the importance of those two decisions?

It would be interesting to know how many fans support Bzz and want Lobo gone. In the greater scheme of things, how would you rank the importance of those two decisions?

Lobo the OC or Lobo the OL coach?

In any event:

Buzz

Lobo the OL coach (check)

Lobo the OC

Ha, I'm as Lobo-out as the get, but even the frustration I feel over his offensive coordinating is dwarfed by the collosal fuckup of the Buzz-era.

Last edited:
Scale of 100

Importance of BZZ gone: 90

Importance of lobo gone: 40 (lobo reduced influence:10)

Scale of 100

Importance of BZZ gone: 90

Importance of lobo gone: 40 (lobo reduced influence:10)

I would agree with BZZ, but put Lobo at 25, max. We went to a bowl game this year. Too many days of App State coming down and beating us to start the season, or Clemson trying to hang 100 on us for the Wake fanbase to really get up in arms about an assistant coach when our team is going to bowl games on a regular basis. LOWF, maybe, but the fact is that label is appropriate (historically) in football. I think the long term Wake fans understand that the football success we have experienced under Grobe is gravy but that situation is fleeting. Wake Forest is a "basketball school" in the eyes of most alums.

Lobo out vs. Bzzout would be an interesting poll.

Based on the way this unfolded (giving Dino a new contract, then turning around and firing him, then the inexplicable hiring of Bz), I think there's little real oversight of Wellman. There might be people looking over his shoulder but he's probably got a cozy relationship with them. And maybe they were the ones pushing Ron to make the change before we had a decent replacement lined up? Oh well, when Ron and the Trustees are the only people left sitting in the Joel to watch this team play maybe then they'll realize they've made a colossal mistake and own up to it. But I doubt it. I'm sure in their minds it'll be us fickle fans who are to blame for this fiasco.

I know a trustee through a common acquaintance. According to him (I'm not naming names) there is a ton of heat to fire Buzz and they are aware of it. According to this same person, barring something drastic, Buzz will be back.

That being said, I doubt this person would actually tell me if they were going to can him, so take that with a monster grain of salt.

So heard today that there are some trustees positioned against Wellman but the vast majority are in support of him. Wellman also has apparently gone completely mad and he has recently stated that "he is even more excited about the basketball program after this season than last." My heart sank upon hearing this and it appears the athletic department is being run by someone with severe mental illness.

I know a trustee through a common acquaintance. According to him (I'm not naming names) there is a ton of heat to fire Buzz and they are aware of it. According to this same person, barring something drastic, Buzz will be back.

That being said, I doubt this person would actually tell me if they were going to can him, so take that with a monster grain of salt.

This is failing "the list" of games that the bot thinks we should win/be competitive in. If we go o-fer he is GONE.

So heard today that there are some trustees positioned against Wellman but the vast majority are in support of him. Wellman also has apparently gone completely mad and he has recently stated that "he is even more excited about the basketball program after this season than last." My heart sank upon hearing this and it appears the athletic department is being run by someone with severe mental illness.

I hope part of this is a joke. The latter part.

Wellman also has apparently gone completely mad and he has recently stated that "he is even more excited about the basketball program after this season than last."

Come on. Do people actually believe this shit about Wellman? Really? Before this basketball debacle, he was widely considered as one of the top ADs in the country. Do people really think that he is legitimately, honestly, completely happy with where our basketball program is?

I have also heard this. The BOT has been asked to consider giving Bzzz a contract extension because the program is on such solid ground and he just needs a little more time to turn the corner.

Back