• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should We Hang CP3?

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Well that may have gotten your attention... I say retire the jersey and put up the banner.

Just a random thought today, but why not? If any program needs something to feel proud about it is the fact that Chris Paul played his guts out at Wake and went on to a very fine NBA career.

Yep... this is a distraction thread from the Bzz threads. I'm an athletic department mole.

Without a doubt. There's no more vocal and high profile Wake Forest alumni out there. Success nowadays is measured by how many single digit losses we have, which makes his accomplishments stand out even more.

Hang it.

Well that may have gotten your attention... I say retire the jersey and put up the banner.

Just a random thought today, but why not? If any program needs something to feel proud about it is the fact that Chris Paul played his guts out at Wake and went on to a very fine NBA career.

Yep... this is a distraction thread from the Bzz threads. I'm an athletic department mole.

No. We should start honoring players not retiring numbers unless they are very special. The only numbers that should be retired to date are 24,50 and 21. Others including many that are not hanging should be honored but their number should be available to wear again.

No. We should start honoring players not retiring numbers unless they are very special. The only numbers that should be retired to date are 24,50 and 21. Others including many that are not hanging should be honored but their number should be available to wear again.

Okay, so forget retiring the number. I agree with that. What about a banner?

Childress' jersey should not be retired? You are terribly unintelligent.

I'm actually kind of with you on the honoring thing (among other things it would get both Frank Johnson and Muggsey in the rafters.)
But under either system, you retire 22. That's a non-negotiable.

retire the number; seriously. who else is going to be #3 for wake forest? come on.

Consensus first team All Americans.

I think we're going to have a lot of room up there for a very long time. But we won't face the challenges Carolina has created for itself.

I do think it would be bad form to unretire some numbers that were previously retired, but keep others retired. Awkward conversation there.

And I don't like the idea of a set in stone standard for jersey retirement or honoring, like the All-American thing. The fact that Chill wasn't an AA doesn't diminish his impact on MSD whatsoever. The seniors on the UK elite 8 team that lost on the Laettner shot were retired, not because they were any good, but because they stuck by the program after probation and brought them back to the heights. That's unquantifiable stuff that you have to leave room for.

Last edited:
I cant believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with everything keeper has said on this thread.

We should really come up with an honoring/retiring system.

I do think it would be bad form to unretire some numbers that were previously retired, but keep others retired. Awkward conversation there.

And I don't like the idea of a set in stone standard for jersey retirement or honoring, like the All-American thing. The fact that Chill wasn't an AA doesn't diminish his impact on MSD whatsoever. The seniors on the UK elite 8 team that lost on the Laettner shot were retired, not because they were any good, but because they stuck by the program after probation and brought them back to the heights. That's unquantifiable stuff that you have to leave room for.

rule of thumb. Just remember if it is retired it is forever. Sort of like herpes.

Somebody good I hope...There are only 36 numbers. Don't give them all away.

Another alternative is to keep Bzz as our coach. No way any player he coaches ever comes close to getting his number retired.

Back