• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman has destroyed our basketball program

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Its almost unfathomable. How did we get to this point?

How could he have been so wrong?

Nightmare.

The stats that absolutely blow my mind and convince me that Bz has to get the boot YESTERDAY is that Wake Forest basketball has not won a game in February or March during the Bz era AND that we are 3 - 25 in conference play during the Bz era.

How could you have waited so long to post this thread?

THIS THREAD IS GROUNDBREAKING!!! CAN WE TACK IT PLEASE SO I CAN QUICKLY FIND IT??!!

The stats that absolutely blow my mind and convince me that Bz has to get the boot YESTERDAY is that Wake Forest basketball has not won a game in February or March during the Bz era AND that we are 3 - 25 in conference play during the Bz era.

Kind of hard to win in March this year when we are still in February.

Would sending waves of 1000's of emails to Wellman asking for Bzzz to go do any good?

Would sending waves of 1000's of emails to Bzzz asking him to resign work?

No. You're just putting the burden on the administrative assistant. Please don't do that.

Hiring Bz wasn't a bad move in hindsight. It was a bad move in foresight. Does anybody have confidence in him to make another hire?

Hiring Bz wasn't a bad move in hindsight. It was a bad move in foresight. Does anybody have confidence in him to make another hire?

With a consulting firm and a search committee? Sure.

Is there a worse coach in the country that has been employed for 2 or more years? I'd be curious. I'd think Bzzz is in the bottom 1-2% of his profession.

Absolutely. No hiring should ever be a job for one person but to completely leave Wellman out of the equation would be dumb. I've never really liked consulting firms because basically it says you have no confidence in your AD and that he/she is incompetent (so i'm sure most of you would love a firm to do all the work). Wellman and his team should be able to handle the hire, pass it off to Hatch/whoever gets the final say so, and if all parties okay it, then it should be accepted. No one will need to worry about this until after next season anyway. Bzz is here for at least 3 seasons.

Maybe he will have realized that being cute doesn't work. At the very least, I am sure higher ups will be more involved and exert more control.

Is there a worse coach in the country that has been employed for 2 or more years? I'd be curious. I'd think Bzzz is in the bottom 1-2% of his profession.

How long would he last coaching like this in the NBA? He'd be ton by the all-star break of his first season at least.

How long would he last coaching like this in the NBA? He'd be ton by the all-star break of his first season at least.

Billy King has been a GM for more than a decade. You can get by sucking in the NBA for quite some time if you have the right connections. See Dunleavy, Michael.

Wellman gets so much credit deserved or not for finding Grobe when most people hadn't heard about him at Ohio. I think he wanted to pull another hey I found this coach that no one heard of and had him be somewhat decent so everyone pat me on the back. The difference was that we could take a chance with our football program since it had been historically bad. With our bball program he never should have taken such a risky chance as we actually had a decent product. Now that product has been spoiled thank you very much Ron.

Back