• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul will be a great HC someday

Dented

Retired
Reaction score
Someday I think Chris will be a great head coach somewhere. That is all.

A State fan in 1974 -

"Someday I think Sid will be a great coach somewhere. That is all"

I can't believe someone who is a "sports writer" like yourself is so bad at dates and also at comparing Lowe to Paul. Lowe was never anywhere near the player Chris is and he is obviously nowhere near as smart. Watch Chris Paul during a game. He is pretty much already the coach for the Clippers.

AS to CP3 very, very few superstars in any sport are successful as coaches/managers.

He can be an assistant to the soon to be great and legendary coach Chill.

ETA: Damn...just wasted my 2000th post on a snarky response to a forgettable thread.

Yeah total fail on my part. All those NC State national championships run together.

As rj touched on, sometimes it comes so naturally for a superstar that it's hard for them to grasp that some people aren't born with those types of natural abilities.

Why in the world would he want to subject himself to the frustration and criticism?

I think Chris is one of those athletes that will end up in politics after his career is over.

Some close to the program feel this way about Childress. He is someone who made it to the top without 5 star athleticism and understands the fundamentals that can be difference makers.

Personally, I don't want Chill on this staff because the entire lot is likely to be out in the next 2 years. I'd like Chill to hook on with the next staff.

I don't think Chris's steadfast commitment to roaming defense would translate to coaching that end of the floor.

Back