• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I don't know why I read this stuff...

It's a pretty good bet that he chose not to be our coach.

Bzz is btertr tahn Stevens, we all konw tahts true. You ALl jsut lkie bahsing our coach and hruting the taem.

Wake contacted Stevens and he said he wasn't interested. I thought we went over this like a hundred times

It won't shock me to see the other POS teams in the Horizon League lie down and let Butler walk to the conference tourney title again, getting them back in the Big Dance. Fortunately they will be crushed to bits the first weekend if that happens.

The next couple of seasons will show whether Stevens is a legend or just a lucky coach.

It won't shock me to see the other POS teams in the Horizon League lie down and let Butler walk to the conference tourney title again, getting them back in the Big Dance. Fortunately they will be crushed to bits the first weekend if that happens.

The next couple of seasons will show whether Stevens is a legend or just a lucky coach.
..... I see what you were trying to say there...

As much as it would suck to have a great coach like Stevens at Duke, it would be hilarious to see all of K's proteges passed over. That's the only reason I would doubt Stevens. I don't know if K's ego is so big that he would have to be replaced by one of his own or if it's so big that he only wants another elite coach to replace him.

Oh, I'd kill to have a coach so "lucky" to lead Wake to 2 National Championship games.

I choose to believe that at the very least RW contacted Stevens was told not interested, because if RW hired Bzzz without contacting Stevens first, it would make the [Redacted] hire even worse than I already think it is and that would be almost humanly impossible.

in my all knowing wisdom (everything that has happened in hindsight) i am convinced that wellman through intermediaries reached out to the stevens camp prior to the dino announcement or just after. i am also convinced that hurt any chance their may have been (likely slim).

i also think wellman shed a few tears reading his article.

Stevens was hanging on in case Crean didn't turn IU arond. He wanted that job.

Now he's gotten a raise and is waiting...

I just don't see Stevens as the type of guy who would even unofficially put his name in the ring to replace a guy who hadn't even been fired yet, especially while he's coaching in the NCAA Tournament.

I just don't see Stevens as the type of guy who would even unofficially put his name in the ring to replace a guy who hadn't even been fired yet, especially while he's coaching in the NCAA Tournament.

Silly Ph, there are no virgins in college hoops. Ask Bob Ryan.

he had to know the cinderella run at butler would come to an end in somewhat short order. He got one more year out of it, but this year's retool was definitely on the horizon.

Hard to believe he was hanging on for a top program.

Wake contacted Stevens and he said he wasn't interested. I thought we went over this like a hundred times

This times a million. At least according to these boards, it seems pretty well-established that Wellman preliminarily reached out Stevens, Alford, and Tubby--possibly in that order--and did not receive favorable reaction from any of them. The rest is history.

After his first amazing tourney run, Brad Stevens and Butler agreed on a contract extension running through the 2021-2022 a season that pays him $750,000 a year, has other incentives which he hit out of the park last year with a another run to the finals. In addition to his salary, he make more cash from camps and appearances.

Also, he has a young team this year, but Butler will be in line for a post-season run next year.

IOW, Stevens is set at Butler, until a dream job opens up. Would guess that there are probably less than 10 programs, that could lure him at this point -- maybe just 5. When one of those jobs opens and a massive offer is made, he will likely leave. Until then, he is not going anywhere until Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, Kansas, UCLA offers.

Back