• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this story true?

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
I saw this posted on the Georgia Tech board. Anyone know if this really happened?

"I heard a story where [Redacted] told the team they were going to practice at 2AM after a blowout loss when they got back from the road. A walk-on apparently said no because his parents came to watch the game and had received prior permission to see them. Next morning at 7AM, team managers or something were at his dorm room to pick up all of his equipment."

The only part of that I can confirm without a doubt is that we had a blowout loss.

If so, BZ needs to get real. If he wants to keep the loyalty of his players he needs to stick to his word.

What, he had big 2am plans with his folks?

Ugh. Neg repped.

Not upset about the rep, just disappointed that someone associated with Wake is still impressively dumb enough to jump to [Redacted]'s defense so quickly.

Sounds like it was a Saturday game and his parents were going to take him back to campus on Sunday.

Ugh. Neg repped.

Not upset about the rep, just disappointed that someone associated with Wake is still impressively dumb enough to jump to [Redacted]'s defense so quickly.

Not defending [Redacted]. I just know that if I was getting embarrassed on the court left and right and the team was meeting at 2am to play ball, the fact that my parents were sound asleep somewhere closer than usual would make no difference at all. If my teammates are there, I'd be there. In fact we did exactly that in high school ball for a coach I hate with every ounce of my being. But we were team.

I mean, my buddy turned 22 when my parents were in town. It's not like I left his birthday party at 10:30pm to get some sleep. And that's just to drink and be idiots.

Walk-on probably could give a shit at this point and wanted to bang his girlfriend. Not that I'd really blame him. It's one thing to give up your entire life as a walk-on on a good team. It must suck right now.

I saw this posted on the Georgia Tech board. Anyone know if this really happened?

"I heard a story where [Redacted] told the team they were going to practice at 2AM after a blowout loss when they got back from the road. A walk-on apparently said no because his parents came to watch the game and had received prior permission to see them. Next morning at 7AM, team managers or something were at his dorm room to pick up all of his equipment."

I'm not sure he can legally do that (though someone who knows more about NCAA regs is more than welcome to correct me) so I highly doubt that it happened. I know that we've had a couple of walk-ons quit but that's not all that unusual

Rumor, rumor, rumor. The OP is asking about veracity.

I know this is the kind of thing Krzyzewski has done a few times. He's especially done it after losing to Wake. It used to make him ill to lose to Odom. Fuck it- if Bzz is having them do that, fine. If a walk-on has a problem, address it. If it never happened, that's okay too.

Rumor, rumor, rumor. The OP is asking about veracity.

I know this is the kind of thing Krzyzewski has done a few times. He's especially done it after losing to Wake. It used to make him ill to lose to Odom. Fuck it- if Bzz is having them do that, fine. If a walk-on has a problem, address it. If it never happened, that's okay too.

This is pretty much it. I haven't seen the story here before so thought it was strange it would pop up on a Georgia Tech board.

Smart move by the walk-on. You dont want to quit the team and look like a pussy. So, instead, you develop an elaborate ruse to force the coach's hand and have him kick you off the team. That way you no longer have to deal with Bzz, and, at the same time, play the victim card. Well done.

This is pretty much it. I haven't seen the story here before so thought it was strange it would pop up on a Georgia Tech board.

Yeah. I think you're asking the wrong person though.

I don't have a problem with that at all, if true.

The 'keeping the word' debate is probably because 'someone' supposedly gave the walk-on permission to hang with his parents.

Back