• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Swim team?

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
I was just on the ACC website and it appears as if we are the only ACC school without a swim team. I assume it is some Title IX stuff, but does anyone know if it is something different?

We used to have a swim team.............a long time ago

I was just on the ACC website and it appears as if we are the only ACC school without a swim team. I assume it is some Title IX stuff, but does anyone know if it is something different?

I don't know about a swim team, but we definitely have a ski team

i-fucking-love-cocaine.jpg

There is a club swim team, and as stated above, WF had a swim team, but eliminated the program to save money. WF will always devote its resources first to its revenue programs. There is no chance that WF spends cash on a program that won't generate cash.

Wake did indeed have a swim team. One of the guys in my "suite" freshman year in Poteat was on it. They disbanded it the next year, he left WFU, never heard from him again. It was a money issue as this was before the various rulings that made it imperative that "participation" in varsity sports for men and women has to be equal.

We currently have a coach who is in way over his head. Does this count?

ClemTechs is dropping theirs after this year

Back