• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gun Law

roedery8

Reaction score
I'm a first timer to the site, so first I'll say whaddup yall. I'm not a Wake guy, but was recommended by a friend.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything related to this and was just wondering what some of yalls opinions may be on the subject. Sounds pretty crazy that the bill is now in the senate to allow concealed weapons in bars.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9376245/

Oh, hell, I don't know that I can think of a more appropriate place to have a gun, concealed or not. In fact, I am surprised that the proposed law doesn't require you to be carrying a gun in order to enter a bar. Bunch of wussy liberals behind this proposed bill.

it sounded weird to me, but apparently many other states have similar laws so maybe its not too bad....

I believe that you will only be allowed to carry in a restaurant, not a bar. The last I read about this I think it was something like if an establishment makes less than 30% of its revenue from alcohol sales, you are free to carry. Unless they changed the bill drastically, you would be able to carry at TGI fridays, but not at Tates American Bar. Now, how you are supposed to know, without looking over a businesses financial records how much money they make from alcohol, I don't know. I assume it will ultimately be left up to the establishments to post if they are a "bar".

Also, the bill would not change the fact that if you have consumed any alcohol you give up your right to carry a concealed firearm. Or the fact that you can't carry any place that admission is charged.

I'd amend the law to require guns in churches and make alcohol consumption in church, while armed, mandatory. Then you lock the fucking doors and let Darwinism take over. Stupid is as...

Gotta love wral, I just found out from a friend of mine on another forum that when the article linked in the post came out it was full of blatant factual errors, particularly about the law regarding carrying concealed and consuming alcohol. It was only after my friend and a few other folks emailed the author of the piece that it was corrected.

I had no idea that the article had incorrect information. Thanks for clearing that up. It doesn't surprise me with WRAL.

I had no idea that the article had incorrect information. Thanks for clearing that up. It doesn't surprise me with WRAL.

The incarnation you posted is basically accurate, it was wrong when it was initially written, then modified.

WRAL is known for taking the anti-gun stance so a few people on one of the shooters forums keep a close watch and fact check them anytime 2A issues come up.

"Well hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me"

Ronnie Van Zant

Last edited:
Well hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me

RVZ

I'm all for the new gun laws. It gives us Americans back some of our rights.

List the rights you've lost in the last 10 years. If you start with the Patriot Act, I will give you bonus points. Other than that, ready... GO!

List the rights you've lost in the last 10 years. If you start with the Patriot Act, I will give you bonus points. Other than that, ready... GO!

Time's up! Couldn't think of any, could ya'?

Does the proposed law permit the carrying of firearms in cemeteries?

good-bad-ugly.jpg

I'm all for the new gun laws. It's not the law abiding citizen you need to worry about.

Nope. Just the schizoprenic, the paranoid, the demented, the juvenile, the emotionally imbalanced, the wife when you're trying to sneak into the house late at night from the poker game, and the wife when you're trying to sneak into the house late at night from poking something else. Oh, yeah - and the lawbreakers (I almost forgot them).

I decided to take advantage of a glorious afternoon in the Lehigh Valley of PA today and take a walk. That walk included me carrying a 12 gauge shotgun and about 110 shells for it. There were about forty people I did not know on this walk who were carrying similar implements, as well as a few in golf carts. Shots were going off in front of me and behind me. However, no one was shot, no one was robbed, and the armed strangers I chatted with were very polite. What was I doing? Participating in a round of sporting clays...

no one was shot... I trust a former vice-president of this country was not present?

I decided to take advantage of a glorious afternoon in the Lehigh Valley of PA today and take a walk. That walk included me carrying a 12 gauge shotgun and about 110 shells for it. There were about forty people I did not know on this walk who were carrying similar implements, as well as a few in golf carts. Shots were going off in front of me and behind me. However, no one was shot, no one was robbed, and the armed strangers I chatted with were very polite. What was I doing? Participating in a round of sporting clays...

Sporting clays is good fun. I'm not a very good shot so my favorite is overhead stations. CAKE.

Back