• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone considered Childress?

Chunkyc

Reaction score
Sticking my neck out here and I'm sure the wanna be pundits and local stat crunchers here will have a field day with this one. Has anyone found it ironic that WFU "created" a position for RC as Ron's assistant. Did Ron really need an assistant? Is it too far fetched to imagine that they created that position for Childress to keep him cozy and his wallet full until Bzz's contract is up. Maybe Bzz just filled a position for a short time till RC was ready. Hmmmm! Just letting my imagination run wild hoping to find a light at the end of the tunnel...and I hope it's not a train. Oh well, let the thrashing commence....

It has been considered. So has the fact that Chill, complete LEGEND that he is, doesn't have any coaching experience. Would be a massive, massive risk.

Chill will not be the next head coach. The better question is whether he would be given an assistant position when someone currently on staff leaves.

It has been considered. So has the fact that Chill, complete LEGEND that he is, doesn't have any coaching experience. Would be a massive, massive risk.

A coach who knows the game inside and out and has the players and fans respect could go a long way. Better than what we have now.

A coach who knows the game inside and out and has the players and fans respect could go a long way. Better than what we have now.

True, but still... a massive, massive risk. He has never coached before; do we really want his first coaching gig to be in the ACC? Big ask.

Chill will not be the next head coach. The better question is whether he would be given an assistant position when someone currently on staff leaves.

ANother question would be : would he want to be an assistant with this bunch? With their lack of effort, he might do something harmful to them in practice.

Do a search for "Childress". There is at least one long thread about this.

We do not want Childress as our head coach in this decade.

After this debacle, I'd hope that'd be up to the new coach, not the AD.

True, but still... a massive, massive risk. He has never coached before; do we really want his first coaching gig to be in the ACC? Big ask.

I disagree. Randolph won two ACC coach of the year awards during his time at WF. Dave Odom serves as custodian for those trophies.

Why people are so intent on guys like Rusty and Chill being a HC when they have no HCing experience, I'll never know. Rusty at least has experience as an assistant (and I think maybe was a HC for a HS team), but there is nothing to indicate he would be ready to take over an ACC program that is currently mired in the shitter.

Why people are so intent on guys like Rusty and Chill being a HC when they have no HCing experience, I'll never know. Rusty at least has experience as an assistant (and I think maybe was a HC for a HS team), but there is nothing to indicate he would be ready to take over an ACC program that is currently mired in the shitter.

Rusty had a collegiate head coaching gig. Then he did the high school thing.

Plenty of people have considered Chill. One name I haven't seen thrown out there though is Billy Packer. Discuss.

I think Packer knows where we could get some buyout money.

Buyout money? Billy Packer knows where Blackbeard buried his fucking gold. What I am saying here is that Billy Packer is old.

Back