• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for Buzziners

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
I ask this a Buzz-wait-and-seeer (but getting tired of waiting)...

If I had told you on the day of his hiring that Wake was on verge of the two worst seasons in school history (perhaps ACC history) what would your response have been? It is hard for me to justify this performance when you set it against expectations. Sure, we all knew we were headed for bad times but I don't think any of us expected this. At some point you have to be held responsible for your results.

If he loses tonight, I think he's getting the axe. I honestly do...

I would take a 20 point loss in every game left on the schedule if it meant RW finally fires Bz at the end of the season, but I doubt there is anything Bz can do to get fired this year.

If I had told you on the day of his hiring that Wake was on verge of the two worst seasons in school history (perhaps ACC history) what would your response have been? It is hard for me to justify this performance when you set it against expectations. Sure, we all knew we were headed for bad times but I don't think any of us expected this. At some point you have to be held responsible for your results.

bzdelikx.jpg

I'm a BzzzOuter, but I've said this before. We could have virtually the same record last year and this year, minus a few of the real embarrassing losses, and I'd be fine with Bzzz if it seemed his coaching had improved our play. Bzzz was sold as a great X and O coach, who would come in and run a sound, structured offense which we didn't have with Dino. However, that hasn't happened at all. I've noticed that the color analyst during our games will point out all the dribbling and standing around, which is no didn't than it was under Dino. Our defense hasn't improved, our rebounding hasn't improved, I've basically seen nothing that his "coaching" has improved. I'm Dino would've done better, but does anybody he'd have done worse? If I had any indication that Bzzz's teaching were improving our players, I'd be okay, but I see nothing.

Dino destroyed the basketball program. Everyone knows this. Buzz has had to make do with Dino's recruits. The rotten apples are OUT, and Buzz is bringing in his proteges next season. You have to throw away these 2 years.

I know from a well placed insider that, in Wellman's mind, Buzz's true first season is next year, so you can expect at least 3 more years of Buzz, and I expect many more after he gets Dino's train wreck turned around.

All the buzzout bitching and complaining on these boards won't change a thing. deal with it.

Damn, a pic of Buzz looking somewhat stylish.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2010/03/09/cus-[Redacted]-dressed-for-success/7759/

-----

Trammel said he was doing a story on coaching attire along the sidelines. [Redacted] has worn a coat and tie throughout this season but informed Trammel that he and his coaching staff did wear Nike-designed Colorado polo-style shirts for games last season.

With [Redacted] in a relaxed, informal look, Colorado went 9-22 in 2008-09, and won just one of 16 conference games.
This season, with [Redacted] and his assistants looking sharp, the Buffs are 15-15 and 6-10.

Coincidence?
They do say a team reflects the style of its coach.

“I’m not sure why I did that,” [Redacted] said of last year’s polos. “I just did it. But I went back to wearing dress shirts and ties with sportscoats this year. I’m old school. I’d always done that. Why I changed last year, I’m not really sure.

-----

Some coach should rock a tuxedo during games. I'd root for his team.

I'm a BzzzOuter, but I've said this before. We could have virtually the same record last year and this year, minus a few of the real embarrassing losses, and I'd be fine with Bzzz if it seemed his coaching had improved our play.

This. I said at the beginning of the season that, because of the quality and depth of the roster, I was not going to pay attention to the wins and losses this year. My criteria for BzIn-Bzwaitandsee-BzOut was going to be:
- Individual player improvement
- Team chemistry/hustle/desire to be on the court
- Team offense and team defense
- Point differential in losses (are we keeping games close)

IMO, Bz has failed in all four of these categories. Again. BzOut.

The biggest problem is firing two coches in three years. We'll either not get a good choice or proportionally overpay more than the Magic did for Rashard Lewis.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks and he will be fired if we lose this game.. He's not connecting with ANYONE on campus and probably not in Winston. He seems completely lost and miserable.. Time to cut our losses and hire someone who can wear proper attire, I mean coach basketball

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2010/03/09/cus-[Redacted]-dressed-for-success/7759/

-----

Trammel said he was doing a story on coaching attire along the sidelines. [Redacted] has worn a coat and tie throughout this season but informed Trammel that he and his coaching staff did wear Nike-designed Colorado polo-style shirts for games last season.

With [Redacted] in a relaxed, informal look, Colorado went 9-22 in 2008-09, and won just one of 16 conference games.
This season, with [Redacted] and his assistants looking sharp, the Buffs are 15-15 and 6-10.

Coincidence?
They do say a team reflects the style of its coach.

“I’m not sure why I did that,” [Redacted] said of last year’s polos. “I just did it. But I went back to wearing dress shirts and ties with sportscoats this year. I’m old school. I’d always done that. Why I changed last year, I’m not really sure.-----

"...You're asking the wrong person." :D

Buzz's teams have definitely performed below expectations. The persistent blowouts show that the team is not competitive, and Buzz's inability to stop the huge loss margins shows that the players don't or can't learn what he's trying to teach.

The biggest problem is firing two coches in three years. We'll either not get a good choice or proportionally overpay more than the Magic did for Rashard Lewis.

I'll take Shitty Comparisons for $500, Alex.

I think alot of the Buzz-n-waiting people are waiting on the "Calvary" to arrive. Having two of the worst seasons in ACC history and still be able to put together a top 10-25 class in some rankings is something to sit and wait for, for certain people. I am rather shocked to see Bzz/wake pull in this type of class, under the circumstances.

We got the class before this epically bad 2nd season in a row, thankfully.

Let's see how the 2013 class turns out to see if two wretched seasons in a row had a negative impact on recruiting or not.

FWIW, I recently spoke w/ someone in the AD who said there is a 0 percent chance Jeffey is fired any time soon, or after this season. This person also said they would be incredibly surprised if he's fired after next season barring a complete debacle of similar proportions to the past two years. This made me quite sad.

Back