• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Positives

tbpnwe

Reaction score
1. Withstood 10 - 0 run to start 2nd half
2. Only 9 TOs
3. Out rebounded them
4. Travis 7 point run at 6:35 to give us lead for good
5. Tony 8 boards and 3 steals
6. 8 FT to put game away.

Only Tech, but this was an important win for team.

You do realize many great high school teams would have defeated either of these teams tonight?

You do realize many great high school teams would have defeated either of these teams tonight?

cripple-fight-park-demotivational-poster-1201871058.jpg

Cripple fight misspelling "you're" makes it that much more awesome.

Ty clutch with the clock running down. :)

This. Nice to get the W - nice reprieve for the players to get them feeling better. But at least half the CAA is significantly better than Wake, GT & BC. The level of play by both teams was pretty awful. Seriously, Mason, VCU & ODU would be vying for 3rd or 4th in the ACC this year. Shaka is right, the VA CAA teams are better than the VA ACC teams.

Pretty sure GT beat VCU this season. By like 15, if I'm not mistaken.

It wasn't pretty and both teams are truly pathetic, but I'm glad we won. Happy for the players; they needed this game.

Pretty sure GT beat VCU this season. By like 15, if I'm not mistaken.

True. But if you've seen either of them more than once, VCU is the better team and is #49 in Kenpom, whereas GT is #155. We're #204. I still maintain that the 3 VA CAA teams would be in the top half of the ACC this year.

True. But if you've seen either of them more than once, VCU is the better team and is #49 in Kenpom, whereas GT is #155. We're #204. I still maintain that the 3 VA CAA teams would be in the top half of the ACC this year.

How about the fact that Georgia Tech is 50 spots higher than Kenpom but people are trying to say that we weren't than undermanned against them.

How about the fact that Georgia Tech is 50 spots higher than Kenpom but people are trying to say that we weren't than undermanned against them.

Kenpom isn't a measure of player skill.

That only makes sense if you believe that [Redacted] has done as good of a job of coaching as Gregory. I don't.

That only makes sense if you believe that [Redacted] has done as good of a job of coaching as Gregory. I don't.

I'm not that impressed with Gregory either, FWIW. He had good records at Dayton, but I didn't think his style of play there would translate that well to the ACC. And while he's recruited better than Bzdk, he could be doing better. GT should be 3rd easiest school to recruit to in the ACC.

As for relative talent levels, I think we have a little more talent. They don't have anyone as good as McKie, Rice is maybe the equivalent of Harris, Reed's decent and Miller is passable down low. Don't care for Udofia - he's gotta average more TOs than assists and is quite the brick mason. They play better team D than we do, which you'd expect with Gregory, but that's about all I'd say for them.

The positive is our players got a win and good to feel good about something basketball related for the first time in awhile. Other than that, there's nothing to really take away from last night, we still stink, Tech just stunk a little more last night.

That was one of the worst basketball games I've ever watched. It's nice that we won but the game was almost unwatchable because both teams were comically bad.
Very few good plays (on either side) resulted from good play....only from poor play by the other team.
The only positive from this game was that it counts as a W and the players can get a mental boost because if you didn't know the final score you definitely would've assumed we lost based on how bad we played (and we would've lost badly to any other team in the ACC last night.) I'm not usually one to be a debbie downer, especially in light of a rare win, but last night was just awful....

I don't understand why we can't hit 3s....so many wide open shots and so few fell....

Back