• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's wrong with Jay Wright

PCT1710.jpg

He's just having a tough year. I still think he's a great coach, but he just doesn't have the horses this year.

He's like Bruce Pearl. Not a very good coach. Just recruits a bunch of athletes and throws them out on the court.

He's just having a tough year. I still think he's a great coach, but he just doesn't have the horses this year.
Villanova is playing well below where they should be, but Wright's problems go beyond this year.

He's like Bruce Pearl. Not a very good coach. Just recruits a bunch of athletes and throws them out on the court.

I think Wright is a tad less sleazy than Pearl.

I do agree though that I'm not sure Wright is a great coach. He's a very good recruiter, but he hasn't adapted superbly with the roster changes the last 2-3 years.

Well, for one, he's gotten really unlucky with elite talent (Dominic Cheek, Mouphtau Yarou, Jayvaughn Pinkston, and anybody not named Maalik Wayns). It's almost ATT bad, in my opinion, if ATT wasn't the first and only class of its kind in Wake history.

I agree with others that he's not a great coach, but his three-guard system has worked on a high level for awhile now. He just doesn't have anybody outside of Maalik Wayns who is capable of playing in it...

I don't know that I'd say he's not a good coach. He got a team that played four guards (Foye, Ray, Lowry, Nardi) the majority of the time to the Elite Eight. I just think he's gotten really unlucky with talent in recent years, as others have said.

Back