• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stonz

Reaction score
Currently:
-Virginia Tech 3-7
-Boston College 3-8
-Wake Forest 3-9
-Georgia Tech 2-9

Schedules:
VT: @FSU, GT, UVA, @Duke, @Clemson, NCSt
BC: @MD, Duke, @WF, GT, @Miami
WF: @Miami, BC, Duke, @GT
GT: @VT, Clemson, MD, @BC, WF

I bolded the games against the other bottom-feeders for your convenience.

Current KenPom projection:
VT: 5-11
GT: 5-11
BC: 4-12
WF: 3-13

NOTE: This is not updated with tonight's games, most notably Wake beating GT. When it updates tomorrow, Wake's projection will definitely move up to 4-12. Georgia Tech will have essentially an equal chance of going 4-12 and 5-11.

So, who ya got? Which team will be the 12 seed in the ACC Tournament this year?

Last edited:
My guess is Wake beats BC, BC beats GT and GT beats Wake. Basically, I have the home team winning all those. I guess that leaves GT as the 12 seed if none of them win any other games.

VT (3-7): @FSU (L), GT (W), UVA (L), @Duke (L), @Clemson (W), NCSt (W), 6-10
BC (3-8): @MD (L), Duke (L), @WF (L), GT (L), @Miami (L), 3-13
WF (3-9): @Miami (L), BC (W), Duke (L), @GT (W), 4-12
GT (2-9): @VT (L), Clemson (L), MD (L), @BC (W), WF (L), 3-13

BC and GT with 3 wins, but GT gets the tie breaker. BC in last place.

VT. Pretty much just my gut feeling.

VT (3-7): @FSU (L), GT (W), UVA (L), @Duke (L), @Clemson (W), NCSt (W), 6-10
BC (3-8): @MD (L), Duke (L), @WF (L), GT (L), @Miami (L), 3-13
WF (3-9): @Miami (L), BC (W), Duke (L), @GT (W), 4-12
GT (2-9): @VT (L), Clemson (L), MD (L), @BC (W), WF (L), 3-13

BC and GT with 3 wins, but GT gets the tie breaker. BC in last place.

Wake would have 5 in that scenario if my math is correct.

I've got all of them finishing with 4 wins.

Tiebreakers?

Here's the tiebreakers link. It's from 2007, but I'm going to assume it hasn't changed.

If 3 or more teams are tied, its record against the other teams. So we'd be sitting pretty (currently 3-0 against VT, GT, and BC combined). VT and BC split, so it'd come down their games against GT.

My guess is Wake beats BC, BC beats GT and GT beats Wake. Basically, I have the home team winning all those. I guess that leaves GT as the 12 seed if none of them win any other games.

I agree with that. GT has a pretty good chance to steal one of the next three though I think, which would result in a 3-way tie at 4-12. We'd win the tiebreaker though.

So, for Wake, I think its pretty simple:

Lose to BC --> Last
Beat BC --> Not last

Last edited:
It'll be GT.

We have 4 former top 100 recruits, Glen Rice Jr. and a functional 7 foot shot blocker. And we're going to finish dead fucking last in the worst fucking ACC in history.

Brian Gregory should just wear a clown suit on the sidelines. He's so far over his head it's not funny. He got outcoached by Bzzz last night, for Christ's sake.

Updated KenPom projection:
VT: 5-11
GT: 4-12
BC: 4-12
WF: 4-12

Doesn't get much closer than that.

I'm just not sure about Gregory's ability yet so I waffled on it a little. Still, I think given what vad's talking about really wears on GT. They have a lot and can't get out of their own way. That's an extra weight to carry.

Nonetheless, Wake will do the same ol, same ol in the ACCT whether we're #1 in the country or arguably the worst team in a major conference.

When GT beats us at home by 8, Nikita's dunk will be the tiebreaker.

12. Tech
11. BC
10. VPI
9. Wake

Wake beats BC and GT, VPI gets beat down by their tough end of season schedule and we tie with them. This leaves us playing Clemson in the first game on Thursday and getting us run out of the gym.

Back