• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club Tailgating Email

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
As most of you know, tailgating is near and dear to my heart, and the DC sent out an email asking members to fill out a survey on tailgating at WFU. I ask everyone to fill it out, as it'll impact how we move forward with renovating the tailgating lots at Groves.

Some personal opinions from the survey. I'd like to see reserved spots, whether people have to purchase them or just do it on an honor system. We have some really deep rooted, established tailgates now, but occasionally have some dust ups. I'd also like to see more green space, and the option for power, water, and cable.

My biggest beef is people dropping their stuff the night before, and not showing up until just before kickoff.

Anyhow, if you received the email, please fill out the attached survey. If you didn't, but would like to fill one out, shoot me a PM. I'll forward you the email.

Haven't looked at it yet. Sounds like the same survey that I filled out in the parking lot for Naz during the season.

As most of you know, tailgating is near and dear to my heart, and the DC sent out an email asking members to fill out a survey on tailgating at WFU. I ask everyone to fill it out, as it'll impact how we move forward with renovating the tailgating lots at Groves.

Some personal opinions from the survey. I'd like to see reserved spots, whether people have to purchase them or just do it on an honor system. We have some really deep rooted, established tailgates now, but occasionally have some dust ups. I'd also like to see more green space, and the option for power, water, and cable.

My biggest beef is people dropping their stuff the night before, and not showing up until just before kickoff.

Anyhow, if you received the email, please fill out the attached survey. If you didn't, but would like to fill one out, shoot me a PM. I'll forward you the email.

Didn't get one. Dagger.

I'd like to see reserved spots, whether people have to purchase them or just do it on an honor system. We have some really deep rooted, established tailgates now, but occasionally have some dust ups.

I'd like to hear more about these dust-ups having to do with tailgate spots.

:ninja:

I'd like to hear more about these dust-ups having to do with tailgate spots.

:ninja:

There was this one time lectro made false allegations about threats to his family and threatened to beat up people at a tailgate. But, I'm not aware of any actual fights that have or will occur. Generally, when I roll in around 7-8 AM and someone has left a tent in my spot the night before, I simply move it. Haven't run into any physical altercations yet.

Dieharddeacon has a great synopsis of ours from last year. You should be able to find it, it happened during the state tailgate last year. Basically some people put their stuff in our very well established spot, and left. We moved said stuff 5 ft, they came back and were all sorts of pissy. DHD made reference to all sorts of farm animals and was not too complimentary to their lady folk.

Racer, no matter what you say, no matter what you do, you and lectro are going to fight in that parking lot. It has been written and so it shall be done. Calling out his individual family members and threatening his business and livelihood was the e-version of Jerry Mitchell's unfortunate slap on the arm in this scene:

Biggest thing I will miss about going back to work for Wake is tailgating.

responded when i got it back. my main point was wanting some system like seat's rights with tailgate areas/spots. Also made a point that while i understand money talks, it shouldn't be the only factor with tailgating as other groups are there earlier, longer, etc. We don't need tailgate areas looking like the Gold Lot up until an hour or so before kick-off.

The problem is that this...

will result in this...

it could if set up as just deacon club rank and $$$ donated. it has to be factored in but other criteria should be as well, imo of course.

in all honesty, and i'm not sure they could do this in a fair way, but i could name most of the top 10 tailgates who should get priority regardless of any system in place.

be careful what you wish for. the obvious default for reserved tailgating spaces will be $$$$$$$. So I wouldn't say peep unless you're ready to cut the check. If first come first served is working fine in the blue lot and equivalents, then what's the problem?

IMO the #'s for wanting reserved spots, electric, water,and cable would not be that big. The Red lot would be ideal to renovate for such a move as it is not used to it's capacity now. That also would not force everyone to pay for something they do not want.

IMO the #'s for wanting reserved spots, electric, water,and cable would not be that big. The Red lot would be ideal to renovate for such a move as it is not used to it's capacity now. That also would not force everyone to pay for something they do not want.

This is what we suggested as well. There is some discussion of making one of the "close" lots the big tailgating lot. I'd rather convert the red lot than the Gold, since there are already hookup spots there.

This is what we suggested as well. There is some discussion of making one of the "close" lots the big tailgating lot. I'd rather convert the red lot than the Gold, since there are already hookup spots there.

Yup. The RV's add to the atmosphere (the tailgate becomes a weekend event). Would be even better if some of the big tailgates came over and joined us.

Yes I know, you and I talked about the day they did the survey. I will say that if nothing else this year it needs to be someone needs to be with the tailgate. Stop the leaving stuff overnight and not showing up until 1 to 2 hrs before the game.

My HOPE is that this survey will result in a tailgating atmosphere to genuinely thank us for our support as alums and fans.

My FEAR is that this will turn into another means for padding the bottom line.

Back