• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Death Star Stadium Under Construction (Pictures)

GoNiners

Reaction score
That's right. I'm calling it the Death Star because we're going to use it to destroy every other football program in NC and SC.

August 31, 2013. A New Era Begins.

13aHIk.St.138.jpg

qpZDo.St.138.jpg

DT1A9.St.138.jpg

3VhhQ.St.138.jpg

I guess i shouldn't expect a liberal arts major to know the first thing about engineering.

That's impressive. I thought they only had such nice high school stadiums in Texas.

Ok this isn't to be a joke or a smartass but is this for UNC Charlotte?

I haven't been on the boards much and am in Philadelphia now so I may have missed this but I didn't know they had a football team. Are they D-1? Again, I'm not trying to talk shit but Isn't this a branch campus? I don't think any of the Penn State campuses besides University Park have a team

I haven't been on the boards much and am in Philadelphia now so I may have missed this but I didn't know they had a football team. Are they D-1? Again, I'm not trying to talk shit but Isn't this a branch campus? I don't think any of the Penn State campuses besides University Park.

Yes it's for UNCC. They will have a football team soon, and intent to make the jump to D-1 somewhat quickly iirc.

I guess i shouldn't expect a liberal arts major to know the first thing about engineering.

I see a hole in the ground, surrounded on all sides by land that is higher... not too complicated. Our duck pond at home was built in the exact same manner, about the same size too now that I think about it.

Last edited:

I haven't been on the boards much and am in Philadelphia now so I may have missed this but I didn't know they had a football team. Are they D-1? Again, I'm not trying to talk shit but Isn't this a branch campus? I don't think any of the Penn State campuses besides University Park have a team

Yep it's for real. Lots of the schools in the University of north Carolina system have football teams: NC State, ECU, App State, WSSU, NC Central, NC A&T, as well as UNC in Chapel Hill. You'll hear lots more in coming years.

Also, all of the public universities in NC are part of the same university system, so they are all technically branches.

I'm no UNC-C fan, but I actually think it looks all right. Very expandable and it's got a nice field house or offices too.

Also, all of the public universities in NC are part of the same university system, so they are all technically branches.

Yes it is similar like that in Pennsylvania but I consider them separate than the Penn State schools. I would consider schools like Pittsburgh, Temple, West Chester, Lock Haven, Bloomsburg and Shippensburg separate from Penn State.

Back