• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last Chance for Bzzz in his 1st 2 years...

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
...to get a "good" conference win tomorrow at Miami? We're not going to beat Duke, even if we would by some miracle play well enough, the officials will never allow it. Our other 2 games are against BC and Ga. Tech and whoever we play in the ACC tourney. So far Bzzz's ACC wins are against UVa last year, and Va. Tech, BC and Ga. Tech this year. None of those are anything to hang your hat on, come on Bzzz the pressure is on tomorrow, make all us "BzzzOuters" eat crow tomorrow. ;)

I would like our chances against Maryland if we meet them in the ACC tournament. Otherwise, you're probably right.

Miami is pretty decent though.

make all us "BzzzOuters" eat crow tomorrow. ;)

I'd love for this to happen. Hell, I'd be happy just to see him flip the fuck out on some ref when the inevitable bad call comes against us. ANYTHING that proves he has a pulse and some desire.

IMO, we are much more likely to win our first round game in the ACCT than we are to win in Miami tomorrow.

IMO, we are much more likely to win our first round game in the ACCT than we are to win in Miami tomorrow.

I agree 100%, but winning in the 1st round of the ACC tourney and being able to call it a "good" conference win depends on who we play. With us, Tech 1, Tech 2 and BC all clearly at the bottom it's possible we could be matched up against another crappy team in the 1st round.

We have 0% chance without some sort of post presence other than NIKITA. Ty Walker needs a big game and needs to contribute something offensively.

Why in the world the coaches havent told Carson to shoot at least 8 times a game. I dont care if he misses them all its a better than 8 tos.

I agree 100%, but winning in the 1st round of the ACC tourney and being able to call it a "good" conference win depends on who we play. With us, Tech 1, Tech 2 and BC all clearly at the bottom it's possible we could be matched up against another crappy team in the 1st round.

Since we will most certainly be playing a higher seed in the first round (we wont finish any higher than 9th) and we havent won an ACCT game since 2007, I personally think any ACCT win would be a BIG one!

Why in the world the coaches havent told Carson to shoot at least 8 times a game. I dont care if he misses them all its a better than 8 tos.
I think one of the things lost in the win over GT was how completely awful Carson played. He's regressed significantly since non-conference play (though a good portion of that probably has to do with the fact that he's no longer playing vs 6'7" centers), and has become a complete stopper on offense. I thought the officials actually missed a couple 5 seconds calls on him on Wednesday. We hit him on the perimeter and he just stood there... and when he did post up, he passed out nearly immediately after getting the ball. I get that he's never been any sort of offensive threat (even in OOC play), but he singlehandedly tanked every possession in which he touched the ball vs GT. Not hard to see why he's fallen so far out of favor with Bzz.

The other thing is the juxtaposition of Ty with literally every other big man we have. I was mostly furious about the 3 guard/Travis/Nikita lineup (and outright enraged when we went back to it), but mhmd brought up a good point at the game. Bringing Ty in for Nikita was a huge tempo changer, and he absolutely dominated play both defensively and offensively. Then we saw Carson come in and do nothing on either end. Even setting picks, Ty was a monster for most of the game, while Carson barely got in the way of opposing players. It's frustrating.

Edit: And I say this after being the most pro-Carson guy on the boards a few months ago. I was convinced he was primed for a breakout season, but he's been so much worse than I ever could have expected.

If we two of our last four games, it is likely we'll be either the #8 or #9 seed. We could could win an ACCT game.

Edit: If this happens not playing CJ in the Wofford game may have cost us a ,500 overall season.

Last edited:
Since we will most certainly be playing a higher seed in the first round (we wont finish any higher than 9th) and we havent won an ACCT game since 2007, I personally think any ACCT win would be a BIG one!

If we finish 9th that would put us against the 8th seed, which is probably Maryland or Clemson. It would be a decent win if we would beat either of those teams, but if it would be a "good" win, that's debatable. I guess my point is tomorrow at Miami may be his last chance for a real nice surprising type of win in his 1st two seasons.

Winning at Miami is tougher than beating Duke at home this year (Carolina notwithstanding), believe it or not.

I'd love for this to happen. Hell, I'd be happy just to see him flip the fuck out on some ref when the inevitable bad call comes against us. ANYTHING that proves he has a pulse and some desire.

That's actually one way he could really win some major fan support. If what happened to state happens to us, and Bz actually risked his job (what does he have to lose?) by going off on the refs/Coach K in a "national headlines" sort of way, a lot of people would become bzinners for a day.

That's actually one way he could really win some major fan support. If what happened to state happens to us, and Bz actually risked his job (what does he have to lose?) by going off on the refs/Coach K in a "national headlines" sort of way, a lot of people would become bzinners for a day.

If he'd walk up to Coach K and hit him upside the head it would make me BzzzIn, plus it'd get him fire too, so it would be a win all around.

I say this exact thing every game. The refs have zero respect for Wake, and Wake never gets the benefit of a call.

Feels like Wake football in Death Valley, every time the team hits the basketball court.

PULSE CHECK, PLEASE!

Winning at Miami is tougher than beating Duke at home this year (Carolina notwithstanding), believe it or not.

Not sure about this. Duke is undefeated away from home in ACC play and Miami's home-court advantage isn't the best, especially for a Saturday 1:00 game against a struggling team

Last edited:
Back