• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame travel plans

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
Basketball season is depressing me, so I'm starting to work on 2012 football plans. I've had the ND game circled since it was announced as an away game I was going to attend. For folks who have been up there, where do you recommend staying? I definitely want to be able to see the campus and participate fully in game-day tailgating, so the nearer the better.

I had originally planned to go up there, but I might wait a few years until we play them up there the 2nd time. Unless it gets moved to a much easier travel weekend.

Went with the USC fans to see them play ND in South Bend. They do it right. Stay in Chicago the night before. Get a private train car full of booze and food and party all the way there and back. Check to see if the Deacon Club to see if they have anything similar planned.

Really hope the Chicago chapter of the Alumni group gets something together for this bad boy.

A win at South Bend would possibly exceed The Win in Tallahassee. Regardless, it would be a massively incredible thing. I'm not going to think about it.

Went with the USC fans to see them play ND in South Bend. They do it right. Stay in Chicago the night before. Get a private train car full of booze and food and party all the way there and back. Check to see if the Deacon Club to see if they have anything similar planned.

That sounds awesome. Here is a similar trip that USF did last year, pur together by the same folks who put me in the Radisson for our bowl game.

http://www.bullssportstravel.com/football/usf-at-notre-dame.php?DB_OEM_ID=7700

As a resident, I can tell you hotels for game weekends are very hard to get and also very expensive. The majority of them require a 3 night stay and inflate the prices to insane amounts.

Holy hell. Sign me up.

A win at South Bend would possibly exceed The Win in Tallahassee. Regardless, it would be a massively incredible thing. I'm not going to think about it.

Which one? I'm thinking the first.

Doing Chicago and heading to South Bend on game day. My wife has a lot of family there so it works out well for a longer family trip.

Holy hell. Sign me up.

Yeah me to. I don't care what the cost is. Good god that would be awesome.

You will be very lucky to get a hotel room anywhere near South Bend on a home FB weekend, even if it's only WF in town.

Unless you are willing to shell out big bucks for the precious few rooms that might be available, plan on staying in Chicago or one of the towns on I-80 that surround South Bend. Leave plenty of time to get to the stadium. I have had moderate success w/ street parking in some of the neighborhoods south of the stadium (below Angela Blvd).

Doing Chicago and heading to South Bend on game day. My wife has a lot of family there so it works out well for a longer family trip.

I'll die with a massive dose of jealousy over the WF people- several who post here on this damn board- who took that trip, made the game, and had no reason to expect any different outcome than it's been since 92. Those are some lucky goddamned Wake fans. And I envy every one of them. WF 30 FSU 0. If you got to see that on the Campbell Stadium scoreboard (for the 2 seconds they showed it after the game), you've got a memory of a lifetime.

You are not likely to be successful but it can't hurt to try priceline. Some years back I tried it on a whim the week of the game and by some miracle of timing bagged an affordable room near downtown. Saw Kyle Orton and Purdue rip the Irish a new one on that trip.

What? Ph is married to Michelle Obama's sister?

I'll die with a massive dose of jealousy over the WF people- several who post here on this damn board- who took that trip, made the game, and had no reason to expect any different outcome than it's been since 92. Those are some lucky goddamned Wake fans. And I envy every one of them. WF 30 FSU 0. If you got to see that on the Campbell Stadium scoreboard (for the 2 seconds they showed it after the game), you've got a memory of a lifetime.

It was pretty special. No doubt about that. Keep in mind, that was the week after the BC game so I remember feeling pretty good about it. Not 30-0 good, but good.

Just an FYI, there's a rumor the date of the game is moving.

Interesting b/c Notre Dame's schedule is set already. They have a bye week September 29th, so I guess we could play them then, but then they wouldn't have a bye until the next-to-last week of the season ... not ideal

Man, that overnight in Chicago and a party train to South Bend and back sounds fuckin' awesome! Paging the Deacon Club!

Back