• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it me or do all of our games follow the same pattern?

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
Competitive through the first 15 minutes...lose momentum going into the half...fall apart coming out of the half...laugher for the last 15 min. It is crazy how many of our games have followed that trend the last two years.

God I hope next year is better.

It's not just you. The game plan works until they figure out and [Redacted] doesn't really adjust all that much, resulting in a loss

Competitive through the first 15 minutes...lose momentum going into the half...fall apart coming out of the half...laugher for the last 15 min. It is crazy how many of our games have followed that trend the last two years.

God I hope next year is better.

You sum it up quite well. Now the question is WTF?????

You sum it up quite well. Now the question is WTF?????

Today we really played well in the first half. Hitting shots, finding the open man, etc. We looked like a real team. In the second half we fell apart, missing shots, playing horrible defense, giving zero effort. I don't know whether it's [Redacted] or the lack of talent, but we just can not compete for 40 minutes. Next year will yield the answer, because, despite the youth excuse, we will have the bodies and the talent to be competitive. I have a vision that CMM and Thomas will turn this team around, and that what we saw in the first half today will be the norm next year, but I just don't have the confidence in Bzz to truly believe that that will be the case. I guess we will have to wait and see...

It isn't that we can't compete for 40 minutes, it is that we can't compete for 25 minutes.

Although I said I would check out for the season, I couldn't resist and peeked in on the first half just to see if we had any pride--and I was fairly pleased. But to your point, I left at halftime to run errands but didn't hurry back (subconsciously knowing what would happen) and when I checked in next with one minute left, it was over and I missed the ugliness. You're right, that's the pattern. My wife was happy too that I didn't watch the collapse as I would be in a foul mood all afternoon.

Back