• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lent is coming. Do we give up Deacon basketball?

Bones McKinney

Reaction score
Lent starts on Wednesday. If we all gave up Deacon basketball for 40 days, we might all feel better by Easter.

I think the better question is if we can sacrifice Bzzz?

Seems to me we all gave up on WFU Basketball 40 days ago.

I think you're supposed to give up something that is meaningful...

Here's a novel idea.

What if we gave up complaining about WF basketball for 40 days?

Here's a novel idea.

What if we gave up complaining about WF basketball for 40 days?

That means we'd stop caring about Wake basketball for 40 days. And from the look of this year's attendance thats already happened.

Bzzz is killing this program.

Bzz: Our sacrificial lamb

attachment.php

Too easy for Lent. Am giving up Diet Coke. Usually it is alcohol, but that would require giving up Wake Basketball.

I thought you'd have to give something up that you'd miss or that would be a sacrifice. I think it would benefit the fan who gave up Wake basketball for this season. The rest of us are just masochists.

I already gave up the ACC Tourney as it is no fun to go for 4 days when we only play one day. Gave up season bball tickets last year.

Will figure out something for Lent this year.

Tat would be like a Baptist giving up booze.

Love being technical. Lent is 46 days. Two years ago I gave alcohol. Had some martinis after midnight, Easter morning. When I collapse I literally left a dent with my head in the wall outside the bathroom. Or so my wife, Elin, says.

I'll be in Jerusalem for most of March, including the tournaments. For the right price, Bzzzout prayers can be offered at the Western Wall.

Regardless of your take on Buzz. We are all (atleast some proclaim) to be Wake Forest Univeristy, Demon Deacon fans. These are 18-22 year old kids playing their heart out. The least we can do is give them the respect of attention and not run away from them because of what your opinions are on what some 50 year man is doing with this job. Whether we ar 0-20 or 20-0. I will never give up on Wake Forest and will be a forever fan.

Back