• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

Reaction score
From Deacon Sports:

"When the Canes were up by about 15 with 5 minutes or so left, I started heckling [Redacted] about his futile substitutions. He turns around looks directly at me, points his finger at me and says "Fu*k You." The people sitting around me couldn't believe what he did. My jaw dropped.

Note: I wasn't heckling any of the Wake players, certainly not using profanity or saying anything of a personal nature. And this millionaire grown man is so thin skinned about his coaching ability that he turns around and curses at a fan. What a horrible role model for young men. Thinking about contacting Wake Forest to inform them of my experience.

Does he have a reputation as a hothead? I can't imagine a verteran basketball coach not being able to just ignore heckling."

#culture

Last edited:
Send this to Wellman. We could start a "culture" petition.

We know this report is false because we know [Redacted] would never say "fuck you" to a fan without adding buddy at the end.

Somebody get this guys Wellman's number, along with the Deacon Club and the President's office.

From Deacon Sports:

"When the Canes were up by about 15 with 5 minutes or so left, I started heckling [Redacted] about his futile substitutions. He turns around looks directly at me, points his finger at me and says "Fu*k You." The people sitting around me couldn't believe what he did. My jaw dropped.

Note: I wasn't heckling any of the Wake players, certainly not using profanity or saying anything of a personal nature. And this millionaire grown man is so thin skinned about his coaching ability that he turns around and curses at a fan. What a horrible role model for young men. Thinking about contacting Wake Forest to inform them of my experience.

Does he have a reputation as a hothead? I can't imagine a verteran basketball coach not being able to just ignore heckling."

#culture

Miami fan needs a negrep for taking things so seriously! What a dwarf!

I am suprised Wellman is responding. He did not respond to me last year at the end of the year and my email was really civil.

attachment.php

Too bad Karl Hess wasn't working the game.

Isn't the general complaint about buzz that he wouldn't do something like this?

Maybe he did it on purpose because he wants out? One can hope, at least.

Back