• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Baseballs are being thrown. It's time.

Might as well start with predictions. I'll say 83 wins, 2nd in the East, no playoffs. Hope I'm wrong!

I'm also really excited that I can watch MLB.tv on my XBox this season.

I'll say 97 wins. NL east champs! That'd be awesome

Last edited:
After listening to an ESPN "analyst" saying that the Marlins and Nationals will give the Phillies a run for their money (followed by "oh they'll be good too" when asked about the Braves), I predict that the Braves will be a sexy pick to miss the playoffs.

Last year's season-ending collapse without a "big-market" offseason will make it easy for the pundits to dismiss the Braves.

Ultimately I want to see improvement from the young talent and better decision-making by Fredi. I still think we are one of the better teams in the NL so I think we'll have a good season.

I love spring training, but hate DOB spamming my twitter feed. Calm down, man.

Hudson out until May. We will probably see Minor and Teheran in the rotation until his back is ready. I'm not ruling out Medlen but think the Braves would rather stick him in the pen. Only spots up for grabs appear to be bullpen, although I hope we continue to look at backup center fielders. Think the bullpen will break camp with Kimbrel, Venters, O'Flaherty, Medlen, Martinez, Asencio, and Varvaro.

Hudson out until May. We will probably see Minor and Teheran in the rotation until his back is ready. I'm not ruling out Medlen but think the Braves would rather stick him in the pen. Only spots up for grabs appear to be bullpen, although I hope we continue to look at backup center fielders. Think the bullpen will break camp with Kimbrel, Venters, O'Flaherty, Medlen, Martinez, Asencio, and Varvaro.

no Viz in the pen?

I think you will see him and Delgado begin the year in Gwinnett as starters.

Speaking of Viz starting, why do most analysts project him in the pen? I don't see much talk of him becoming a starter in the bigs. is it because we have so many young starters or his stuff isn't good enough to be a starter?

thought the depth would be one of the bigger reasons, looks like it

Tommy Hanson has a mild concussion after wrecking on the way to Spring Training.

IMO, Chipper needs to lose some lbs this spring.

mlb_a_cjones_200.jpg

I like the general theme of the article but it really should have mentioned the offseason splashes the Marlins and Nationals made. PECOTA actually projects us to win one less game than last year.

Back